Ironwood Chiefs Fantasy Team Logo Design - (Now with Uniforms)

Ragone

Hi all. I haven't posted a topic on this site in about a year due to myself being quite busy and unable to have the time and passion to do this. But now, I have some free time on my hands and was able to create this logo. The logo is of my brother and I's front yard football league that we played when we were younger. My dream was to design the league but never took the time or just gave up in the process. Now, I decided to take a crack at designing the team that me and my brother played for, the Ironwood Chiefs based off of my street name. About a year ago I designed the league logo which is seen in the top middle of the screen. I may begin a series of all the teams and their uniforms but for now I just have this logo. I am not the greatest logo creator as this is likely only my 3rd sports logo ever to be created. I am not sold on the text, so any suggestions would be great! I would love to hear feedback on how it can be improved thanks! *The "Ironwood Chiefs" text isn't the word mark*

24xgt54.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that it's great! Indiana maybe isn't the greatest choice, but I've got nothing against it.

I know! I tried doing a custom font but it did not look so good. I guess I will keep looking around for a solid font choice.

Looks great, but the top seems a bit empty... especially with the stars on the bottom...

Yeah I see what your saying. Any suggestions on what to add?

Looks great, but the top seems a bit empty... especially with the stars on the bottom...

Or is the wordmark on top part of the logo?

No it's not the wordmark.

I think that it's great! Indiana maybe isn't the greatest choice, but I've got nothing against it.

Indiana? What?

That's the font choice I used for the IC text.

Indiana? What?

Oh, right... I think it looks good.

Indiana? What?

Oh, right... I think it looks good.

Thanks.

I would lose one of the greys and change the green. Therr is no point having two different greys and the green doesn't look too good against that much white or the red. I would make the letters smaller And move them further up to make room for the stars inside the circle.

Although the symmetry is playing to the eye, symmetrical logos don't necessarily look good on a helmet. It would look great on a hockey sweater though.

I would lose one of the greys and change the green. Therr is no point having two different greys and the green doesn't look too good against that much white or the red. I would make the letters smaller And move them further up to make room for the stars inside the circle.

Although the symmetry is playing to the eye, symmetrical logos don't necessarily look good on a helmet. It would look great on a hockey sweater though.

Alright, thanks for the comment. I do agree with you on the symmetrical part. So I may do something along the lines of this http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/vc08sqk7qivrej0b9eg5/Washington_Redskins/1970/Primary_Logo

I actually really like this. Unique color scheme, and I do agree about the symmetry issue. Get rid of the feathers on the one side and move the stars or get rid of them and it's a winner.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Alright so I went with the advice of lancealot and kbaker19 and went with only having feathers on one side of the circle. I'm still thinking of ways with dealing with the text. But, I'm having trouble deciding if there should be stars or it it's not necessary. Also, I made options of the different color stars inside the circle. Please tell me which one looks the best or any other suggestions to help make this a stronger logo. Thanks.

fvfbds.png

I'm a big fan of the White stars. I think Your feathers are so good that the rather generic "IC" kinda weakens the logo, might wanna look at that next.

I definitely agree with you on that one. As I said I'm not too good with text and fonts. Any suggestions on what I should do for the font?

Leaning towards No Stars, but I do want stars to be a part of the identity somehow.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. I wanted to incorporate them into the design. But, I'm still figuring out ways to fit them in differently along with different text.

Archived