Charlotte Hornets logo

mcrosby

I love the Hornet, but the only think I don't love is I'm never a fan over a letter-shaped logo being part of a wordmark. There's only a few times it REALLY works but most of the time it just looks minor league. i don't think the Hornet/C reads enough as a C. when placed next to HARLOTTE.... especially with the stylized H-A . I think it would be more effective if you placed the Hornet above the wordmark and put a traditional C in the wordmark part. Then you have a really strong standalone mark that is shaped like a C whithout trying to showhorn it into the text..

Also I'm sure it was intentional so I love the super thick stroke around the other hornet which does a great job making it seem small/bug sized.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Also I'm sure it was intentional so I love the super thick stroke around the other hornet which does a great job making it seem small/bug sized.

I wanted the hornet to feel sleek and skinny. Less like a fat bumblebee and more like a wasp. So yes, as well as forming the crown shape the thick stroke helped to achieve that.

Archived