New Logo for The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

DEAD!

Apparently, there is a new logo for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the body that gives out the Oscars.

http://www.oscars.org/imagination/

The new logo spotlights the Oscar from above – creating a triangular shape and uniting the "A" of the Academy with our iconic statuette. This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round.

OLD

AMPAS9.jpg

NEW

oscar585.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

"This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round."

I like this explanation .. the statue in the spotlight/circle basically said What we do is hand out Oscars. The new logo is more of a stylized A, which changes the focus to the Acadamy itself and whatever else it might do.

Follow the link. The image above doesn't really do the new logo justice.. in reality it much brighter.. and there's also a white version with gold statue.. which i don't like as much. But Here's a cool interpretation:

thumb-11.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived