Utah Jazz concept court with new colors and logo.

Sean84106

This reminds me of something I was wondering about, since you put the delta logo on the floor in that concept.

So many arenas have corporate sponsors, but the courts rarely, if ever, use the distinctive fonts or corporate logos in the design - ie we don't see the target logo on the Minnesota court in the target center.

I was wondering if there is some kind of rule about that, against using the corporate logos and fonts on the court since it would be too blatant advertising.

mlb could learn something eh?

One one little thing...the snowflake logo isn't used anymore. The new secondary logo - the one on the waistband on the shorts is this one:

UtahJazz_SL1.jpg

...or, this one:

UtahJazz_SL2.jpg

That mountainball secondary is terrible. The outlining's inconsistent, the ball perspective is very wrong, and it emphasizes purple, which their new identity tried to downplay.

This Jazz scheme keeps getting worse.

(BTW, changed the topic title per Chris' request.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

One one little thing...the snowflake logo isn't used anymore.  The new secondary logo - the one on the waistband on the shorts is this one:

UtahJazz_SL1.jpg

...or, this one:

UtahJazz_SL2.jpg

That mountainball secondary is terrible. The outlining's inconsistent, the ball perspective is very wrong, and it emphasizes purple, which their new identity tried to downplay.

(BTW, changed the topic title per Chris' request.)

I can see what you mean, sort of. But realize that the secondary logo is the exact same ball from their original logo, just without the JAZZ and circle thing around it. Thus, it may look a bit different if it weren't purple. Plus, the inconsistency must also be displayed in the logo - again because it's the exact same ball from the logo. So hardly a 'new' thing.

Anyway, thanks for giving me that new logo....I had not found a photo of the secondary logo as of yet, so I just went with one they had before....

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

So many arenas have corporate sponsors, but the courts rarely, if ever, use the distinctive fonts or corporate logos in the design - ie we don't see the target logo on the Minnesota court in the target center.

You're absolutely right! The Delta Center doesn't display the actual logo on the court. I believe at one time it did but it currently doesn't.

Like Sean said, that ball is from the original logo and when they designed the original logo back in '96 they never though they would use it without the Jazz text in front of it. They probably should have done a better job in the first place but it's too late now. Maybe this is just my biased opinion but I don't think the new secondary is all that bad. It's just funny how an old All-Star logo can have such a huge impact on a team's image.

As far as the court goes, I'd love to see one of the new secondary logo placed on the perimeter of the court.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived