(now random) Alternate Helmet Series

STL_ArchMadness

Maryland already has a helmet like that but without the M. Maybe you could bring back the classic Terps script helmet but modernized

i thought about that when i first made it, but it's pretty different from their original black opps ones if you compare the two. I may go back and re-do this one if i have time

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

ok boys, sorry i have been gone for so long. But things are really busy with finals, I'm done after this week, and will finish this project this summer.

For now, here are some non-NCAA helmets. These are just random helmets i made for my instagram page, hope you like em! and would love some C&C on them!

#throwbackthursday

Mighty Ducks:

29wpd29.png

Blues:

2uz2i4p.png

Today's NHL:

Wild:

2ekrluu.png

Bruins:

xgdrv6.png

and some new chrome stuff I've been working on:

Rams:

1znqsep.png

Eagles:

fwrfw8.png

hope you guys like!

Just a quick question. I see it sometimes and I think it looks cool, but how would the stripes on the side of the helmet go around. would they make and sharp cut angle to make it symmetrical on the other side? I think those would look awesome and I think that football teams (in college first) should start giving it a try.

Love Iowa State and the Mighty Ducks helmets this is one of the best threads I have seen on the boards!

i really appreciate that!

Just a quick question. I see it sometimes and I think it looks cool, but how would the stripes on the side of the helmet go around. would they make and sharp cut angle to make it symmetrical on the other side? I think those would look awesome and I think that football teams (in college first) should start giving it a try.

that's a good question. I think it would look good wither way, but here are 2 i whipped up

1zq91lj.jpg

Love Iowa State and the Mighty Ducks helmets this is one of the best threads I have seen on the boards!

that's a good question. I think it would look good wither way, but here are 2 i whipped up

1zq91lj.jpg

Honestly I think it looks better wrapping around vs coming to a point.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1zq91lj.jpg

me too, well for some teams.

I think it looks better overall like that, but if a team wanted a really cool modern/"sharp" look, the pointed version would look cool too.

1zq91lj.jpg

me too, well for some teams.

I think it looks better overall like that, but if a team wanted a really cool modern/"sharp" look, the pointed version would look cool too.

The pointed end makes me feel like the equipment managers at Fresno State put their green V logo on up-side-down...

ojNNazQ.jpg

The pointed end makes me feel like the equipment managers at Fresno State put their green V logo on up-side-down...

haha i see what you're saying, i never fully understood why they put that on the helmet (i know what it stands for, but why on your helmet0 but a lot of things teams do confuse me. for example, North Carolina State's new helmet :shocked: does that thing scream "look at our helmets not our team!" or what lol

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on this West Virginia one that i really like, but i can't decide which one i like the most. I've gone through like 14 different combinations, and just can't choose. So here are the 7 final versions i want you guys to choose from. Both of them have different styles of mountains on them, please vote for 1 of them

Blue 1:

sm4wnt.png

Blue 3:

fdu9hz.png

Yellow 1:

2mngnci.png

Yellow 2:

27yahat.png

White 1:

2yxkd47.png

White 2:

2uiam4x.png

so i just wanna know which one you guys like the best. Thanks! and hope you enjoy

I like the two white ones. Has a "white ice" (channeling my inner Nike) feel to it. I'm wondering if the mountains are chrome or the helmet is? What's the significance of the two different mountain designs?

ojNNazQ.jpg

I like the two white ones. Has a "white ice" (channeling my inner Nike) feel to it. I'm wondering if the mountains are chrome or the helmet is? What's the significance of the two different mountain designs?

i had that same feeling about the white lol. The helmet is not chrome, it would be like a regular metallic helmet, and the mountains would be put on the same way as this http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NC-State-Wolf-Eyes-Helmet.png (however that was put on lol)

and there is no real significance of the mountain designs. I just started with the very first blue one, and then when i put the background in, i liked those mountains a lot so i tried that out (the 3rd blue one), and couldn't decide which one i liked better.Then i tried it out on the different colors and it just made me even more indecisive haha.

The mountains are a pretty decent idea in my head. But trying to copy anything from that disaster of a helmet isn't the best idea...But overall the helmets aren't much different (if at all) from what WVU has worn before.

ojNNazQ.jpg

i understand haha. But i didn't get the idea from the wolf, I thought it would be more like my Stanford helmet. I only mentioned the wolfpack helmet because that't the only way i could think of explaining the "printing" of the mountains.

but ya, it's not too much different, but i thought it looked cool. and i thought it was different enough to be it's own helmet

Archived