Fantasy Team

creativelysain

Here is a fantasy college team I've been working on, the Helena State University Fightin' Blues. The name "Blues" is for babe the blue ox, and I thought the moutnains added a bit of a regional theme to it.I went with a dark blue, medium blue and yellow color scheme. Comments and critiques are welcome.

bull.gif

I like it, 'cept the alternate looks like a vagina with a stream of piss... entering it?

BEST...LINE...EVER~!

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

The stream and evergreens is too similar to the Minnesota Wild. Also "University" looks like it was just thrown on to the wordmark and makes it busier than it needs to be. And try making either "Helena State" or "Fightin' Blues" larger than the other.

Do those things and make the evergreens into a mountain and you have an A+ concept.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I like it, 'cept the alternate looks like a vagina with a stream of piss... entering it?

What kind of girls you dating?

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Now that we've got the seemingly mandatory tasteless remark out of the way <_<, we can judge the concept.

My main gripe with the primary is that the "Helena State" text seems to be falling backwards... it needs to be skewed forwards slightly, like "Fighting Blues". Also, the definition on where the bull becomes a mountain with a river is really vague and obscure... there's great artwork there, but when it takes more than a few seconds to figure out what's going on, there's a problem IMO.

But I must say, this is terrific artwork. The bull looks very cool (although you might want to fix up that outline there on its right horn (our left)... it curves up so much, it makes its left horn (our right) look small and, well, wrong).

Terrific work... you could still find work to do to make it better, but if you're committed to this as the final rendition, it still looks cool

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived