AUDL expansion

Tygers09

On the AUDL website, they're asking for anyone interested in starting or forming a franchises for expansion of their league, so I'm wondering if franchises could be located in the these cities?

Atlanta

Boston

Kansas City

Los Angeles

Nashville

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Atlanta- has local colleges with some Ultimate teams or support base

Boston- already has a MLU team, can it support two pro Ultimate teams?

Los Angeles and San Diego- is Ultimate popular enough to support franchises in SoCal?

Not too sure about Pittsburgh, Nashville and Kansas City, though is there enough interest and support for a franchise?

Any suggestions or comments?

Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, San Diego, yes. These markets have successful club teams which pretty much makes or breaks an area for pro ultimate.

Kansas City, Nashville, no. Like I stated, these market do not have a strong enough presence in the club scene to make any significant impact.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• 6 months later...

OK, so Los Angeles, San Diego, Ottawa and Pittsburgh are joining in 2015, with Nashville and Jacksonville in the near future (2015/16) with addition to more teams to form the Southeast Division.

Posted on other sites, some cities rumored are:

Atlanta

Birmingham

Charlotte

Raleigh

Austin

Dallas

Oklahoma City

Kansas City

I would like to see cities with major population that don' have [/or a few of] the four major team sports (NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA). Now of course, that means cities like Atlanta has 3 of the 4, Dallas has all 4, and Kansas City and Charlotte has 2 of the 4. So all the others in the list don't.

OK, so Los Angeles, San Diego, Ottawa and Pittsburgh are joining in 2015, with Nashville and Jacksonville in the near future (2015/16) with addition to more teams to form the Southeast Division.

Posted on other sites, some cities rumored are:

Atlanta

Birmingham

Charlotte

Raleigh

Austin

Dallas

Oklahoma City

Kansas City

I would like to see cities with major population that don' have [/or a few of] the four major team sports (NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA). Now of course, that means cities like Atlanta has 3 of the 4, Dallas has all 4, and Kansas City and Charlotte has 2 of the 4. So all the others in the list don't.

Instead of just planting teams in cities without major sports teams, they should put them in markets than have an ultimate tradition. Birmingham? No. Oklahoma City? No. Kansas City? No.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived