New ACC logo

Waffles

I'll repeat what I commented on Facebook...

It's a start. The ACC's current logo is a drawn map of the East Coast. Way too detailed to make a good logo. The ACC everyone sees on uniforms is a wordmark, not the league logo.

If this is the new conference logo, then it's a step in the right direction to brand the conference in a similar fashion as the other major conferences.

It's not the most attractive thing, and needs to be less Big East-ly, but as far as creating a strong brand, it's much better than what they have now.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Technically, after last year, the official logo was just the letters, no map. But I do agree that branding will be very important.

Something about how this whole thing happened is very fishy though. You can't send out a message with a logo saying don't show anyone in today's world. Maybe it's part of a broader scheme.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Technically, after last year, the official logo was just the letters, no map. But I do agree that branding will be very important.

Something about how this whole thing happened is very fishy though. You can't send out a message with a logo saying don't show anyone in today's world. Maybe it's part of a broader scheme.

Technically, the map was the ACC "seal" from 1953-2013. The ACC bar/letter logo was a separate logo though the seal was used prominently, including on all championship trophies, until last year. Also last year, the ACC got rid of the letter logo that had the bars under it that said Atlantic Coast Conference trimmed in gold (there were two wordmark logos before - with and without the bars). While the ACC is still officially the Atlantic Coast Conference, the conference decided to deemphasize using the full name last year. At least this logo brings back gold as the secondary logo which has not been used in the last years and the stripe is reminiscent of the bar logo. Otherwise, it is an obvious downgrade.

I too am wondering if this is just one a series of new marks that will be released by the conference soon.

Archived