Updating a fantasy logo

Nugget799

Hi all,

I have been running a fantasy fictional baseball league for a number of years now and within the last few years I have been paying various members of this board (and some off of it) to design logos for the various teams and leagues/divisions in my fictional universe.

I am currently in the process of updating a team called the Blanchester Wild whose current logo was designed by CJ Zilligen and would like some input on areas I could improve. Baring in mind my ability in logo design is somewhat limited (I'm far better at drawing maps!) but I'd love to hear what you think.

Current logo (CJ's design):

sgv8Meq.png

New logo (my design):

vDX0IOs.png

Personally, I'm not too sure on the outlines and I don't like the wonky line on the 'B' in the top left (I used the font Poetsen One from dafont).

The curviness of the "B" takes away from the chiseled look of the inside. Make the outline the same thickness as the detail inside and it will look a lot better. I would definately work on chiseling the B shape though.

why do you feel like the original logo needed to be changed?

I second this. The original is spot on.

The update you just did is better than your first B though

I can't place why I'm not in love with it. I'm not sure if it's because of the '8-bit graphics' design, or whether it doesn't pop like a primary logo should. To me it feels like a great secondary or sleeve patch but not a primary. Particularly compared to the vast majority of the others logos through the association it just seems a bit weak.

It's probably the angularity of the lines in the original that's giving the "8-bit" feel. Some gentle arcs would help. Also, and this is just my thinking, the logo seems really busy, especially for a baseball logo.

rATMcmK.png

Archived