Cleveland Indians Concept

BigRed618

When I saw the Indians' famous Chief Wahoo logo for the first time, I found nothing wrong with it. I, like many others, was on the fence about whether it was offensive or not. Now I can understand why it would offend Native Americans, but I can also understand why there are those who don't want to lose the logo. I try to please both sides of the argument with my own attempt at redesigning the Tribe...

cle_Indians.png

At this point, the only thing about the Chief that bothered me was the red used for his skin. This could be construed as a racial stereotype. So I recolored him white, but left his feather red, as well as added a layer of red trim around the logo to keep the colors balanced. For the uniforms, I came up with a unique, native-themed striping pattern for the sleeves and pants. I liked the block C logo, so I made that their full-time cap logo. I also went with a lighter shade of blue for their colors.

C&C appreciated, as always.

I really like the design. Have you thought of using the font from the throwback cream jerseys?

That is the font from the cream jerseys... I think.

Maybe instead of Wahoo being white, maybe make him tan.

I thought that would look odd since there would be tan on the Chief, but nowhere else on the uniform.

Archived