QMJHL Concepts - Baie-Comeau Drakkar (2/18)

MrWonka

New Presentation style edit to Acadie:

33vp94w.jpg

29uw2mv.jpg

Baie-Comeau Drakkar: (EDIT)

So, after a few changes from the original we are left at this. I will do a realistic edit at a later date. For now though, this is the final of Baie-Comeau.

wguuj4.jpg

While the Drakkar sweaters are goregous and certainly better than anything I could come up with, I don't feel they fit Baie-Comeau's identity. The Drakkar have a reputation akin to Boston's or Philadelphia's and the light blue and red doesn't covey it nearly as well as black and red. The yoke is also pretty similiar to that of the rival Chicoutimi Sagueneens. Nonetheless, aesthetically, it looks fantastic. Great work!

While the Drakkar sweaters are goregous and certainly better than anything I could come up with, I don't feel they fit Baie-Comeau's identity. The Drakkar have a reputation akin to Boston's or Philadelphia's and the light blue and red doesn't covey it nearly as well as black and red. The yoke is also pretty similiar to that of the rival Chicoutimi Sagueneens. Nonetheless, aesthetically, it looks fantastic. Great work!

I knew there may have been a small debate about the color change. I did the blue jersey concept awhile back, one of my first ever concepts. Originally I had no idea what their color scheme was for the their jerseys at all, I just assumed blue was there color. Fast forward 2 years to today and I still love that jersey I made (I just gave it some touch ups with my better ability to design).

Yea, with their color scheme I really wanted to stick with it just to make this more 'realistic' but my heart decided to stick with what I thought looked better. And if there is anyway I can make up for the similar yoke style of Chicoutimi, it is that they will not have that yoke style in my design for them.

Just to throw it out there. I decided to give their actual colors a go with the design I made. (I know that these colors might not go well with the design I made, but I'll just post it to see what you think.

c41d8dce21d601a47247dc3ff388d534.png

After looking at it, it doesn't look bad. I'm not sure if I like it more than the original I made. I'd have to let it sink in for the night. Let me know what you think everyone! Should I keep the change to blue? Or should I stick with their colors?

Wow, Can I have both home jerseys please?

While I agree that the barberpole look is more Chicoutimi (at least that's what I did when I made a concept for them years ago), however, I just realized how well it goes with the design on the boat itself. Never noticed until now, so you get points for cleverness. The only problem now is that Comeau Bay and Chicoutimi are in the same league and I'm gonna have to chose Chi as the one with the barberpole yoke.

Maybe you could transfer that striping to the arms?

Hmmm.. I gave the arms the sleeve treatment and took out the yoke. And got this.

b8eb98cc95a342d04b7a877981f35392.png

I didn't like the look at all with the hem doing the same so I didn't even post it. This looked decent, but I think the arms were standing out too much. So I eliminated it and just left it alone with a basic two stripe set which I thought looked nice.

d22a8b7d520f6b4f9d06c68bd9987678.png

sorry, my comment posted right after you did. I was referring to the new colours you used of blue as the main. If you took the blue home and put the red/white stirpes on the arms like the boat, what would it look like?

I have to agree about the blue red and white Drakkar colour scheme. I think they could look good in a jersey that is gold, Vegas gold with a little darker shades in it....

Or Black with Gold and red... Senators' like...

p.s. Love your work overall....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

sorry, my comment posted right after you did. I was referring to the new colours you used of blue as the main. If you took the blue home and put the red/white stirpes on the arms like the boat, what would it look like?

I tried it on the arms, and again I just didn't really like it.

7c0dd0ce5e885c0a4764823d43c6f2a1.png

So I did the same as before and just kept it to two, and again, liked it.

3611bf276dcba7596bff93fc85de7cc8.png

So I'm kind of torn. I really loved the blue at first, but after the color swap I'm really starting to like the red, black, and gold. Any final thoughts?

Archived