Phoenix Saguaros uniform history 1958-2014 (fictional baseball)

Western Michigan

I created a team called the Phoenix Saguaros for my OOTP Baseball fictional league, and I got very, very carried away. I started making logos, and made the current uniforms. Then I created uniforms from every era upon becoming a team in 1958.

Because of the image limit here, I've made a blog post with the entire uniform history. Check it out here. I'll post my favorite from each era, with links to the rest of the uniforms form that era.

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-4-24-53-pm.png

2008-present

Primary logo

Home uniform

Away uniform

Alternate jersey

Spring Training/Batting Practice Jersey

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-4-27-01-pm.png

1996-2007

Primary logo

Home uniform

Away uniform

Alternate (black)

Alternate (green)

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-4-27-43-pm.png

1987-1995
Primary logo (unchanged from previous era)

Home uniform

Away uniform

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-5-54-03-pm.png

1972-1986

Primary logo (unchanged)

Home uniform

Away uniform

Alternate jersey

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-4-28-48-pm.png

1967-1971

Primary logo (unchanged)

Home uniform

Away uniform

screen-shot-2014-05-27-at-4-30-00-pm.png

1958-1966

Primary logo (unchanged)

Home uniform

Away uniform

Check out the entire post with the rest of the uniforms and logos, as I've written a little bit of description and history for each era.

Let me know which uniform is your favorite!

dbacksbannersigs.png

It is a good, solid concept there. Nothing too flashy, which is good for baseball uniforms (unless your concept was for the 70s!).

There is an amazing lack of green in modern baseball uniforms, starting and ending with the Athletics. Personally, I thought the Tampa Bay Rays should have stuck with the green instead of becoming yet another blue baseball team. So it is nice to see your concept utilize green as a primary color.

Cap logos, in place of monograms, don't look very major-league. I'm not clear whether you're wanting to go for a major-league or minor-league look.

rATMcmK.png

It is a good, solid concept there. Nothing too flashy, which is good for baseball uniforms (unless your concept was for the 70s!).

There is an amazing lack of green in modern baseball uniforms, starting and ending with the Athletics. Personally, I thought the Tampa Bay Rays should have stuck with the green instead of becoming yet another blue baseball team. So it is nice to see your concept utilize green as a primary color.

I agree, I really think a black and green color scheme like mine would look pretty nice. Thanks!

Cap logos, in place of monograms, don't look very major-league. I'm not clear whether you're wanting to go for a major-league or minor-league look.

I rarely ever use logos on caps, but decided to go for it here. I think it looks better (at least on the current unis) than a stylized P would. But I do agree that it looks college-like or minor league-like. It's different for sure.

dbacksbannersigs.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play OOTP too. A few more people and we and we can start an CSLCC online league! :P btw what is your forum name over there....mine's baseballonly. If you have don't have photoshop, I can convert these to the OOTP format for you if you wish.

As for the concept, very nice, I love ow each uniform depicts the era. I may have to do this too :)

Noah Oppenheimer

baseballonly on OOTP Forums

Phillies GM in Max Modern Baseball

MMB Phillies Blog--League Blog

IronPigs GM in Continental Baseball League

I play OOTP too. A few more people and we and we can start an CSLCC online league! :P btw what is your forum name over there....mine's baseballonly. If you have don't have photoshop, I can convert these to the OOTP format for you if you wish.

As for the concept, very nice, I love ow each uniform depicts the era. I may have to do this too :)

I play.

Which version are you on? I'm playing on 14, not planning to upgrade until 16.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

An online league would be awesome! I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to OOTP though, so I'm not on the forums yet, and I've got 14 unfortunately.

That would be great if you don't mind converting the unis to OOTP format for me! I have no idea how to do that stuff yet. Do you need me to supply you with the wordmark graphics in order to do so? And thanks for the kind words about the uniform history. I had lots of fun doing the different eras.. you should definitely take a crack at it for your team!

dbacksbannersigs.png

• 6 months later...

Did you ever make these for OOTP. Love the idea.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived