Jaker52's MLB expansion and relocation series (Oregon)

jaker52

Which should I do next  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer your poll question: get rid of the poll. It's unnecessary, adds nothing to the thread, and just acts as a vehicle to bump your thread to the top of the page without even getting a comment.

On to the concepts. I echo the statements of McCall and others, there is really no creativity here whatsoever. It's like calling a team from Miami the Easterners. Also, I'm not sure what's "bright and modern" about a solid white and green uniform. You said the colors were supposed to represent the landscape, but there's not a lazier way to represent the landscape than just... green. The landscape everywhere is green. You might as well add in a sky blue, since the sky is traditionally blue in most places. I know you probably think people are being too harsh on you, but if you're going to continue to put out lazy concepts like this with useless polls, that's the result you're going to get.

EDIT: I know it's been said many times before, but I'll just go ahead and say it again. It's so frustrating to see 50+ comments on threads that don't deserve it, while other people that put a decent amount of time/thought into their work get their threads bumped down to the next page. And obviously I'm not helping with this comment, so I'm done for now.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

To answer your poll question: get rid of the poll. It's unnecessary, adds nothing to the thread, and just acts as a vehicle to bump your thread to the top of the page without even getting a comment.

On to the concepts. I echo the statements of McCall and others, there is really no creativity here whatsoever. It's like calling a team from Miami the Easterners. Also, I'm not sure what's "bright and modern" about a solid white and green uniform. You said the colors were supposed to represent the landscape, but there's not a lazier way to represent the landscape than just... green. The landscape everywhere is green. You might as well add in a sky blue, since the sky is traditionally blue in most places. I know you probably think people are being too harsh on you, but if you're going to continue to put out lazy concepts like this with useless polls, that's the result you're going to get.

EDIT: I know it's been said many times before, but I'll just go ahead and say it again. It's so frustrating to see 50+ comments on threads that don't deserve it, while other people that put a decent amount of time/thought into their work get their threads bumped down to the next page. And obviously I'm not helping with this comment, so I'm done for now.

There are no creative baseball logos or uniforms. its all the same boring letters and no striped uniforms.

First, the uniforms. I'd take some notes from the alternates and add some red onto the regular home and roads. I'd color the wordmarks red on each. Second, add some trim to the numbers and wordmarks on all uniforms. Add green trim (or maybe a green/white double trim) on the wordmarks on the home and roads and white trim onto the alternates. Trim all numbers in red. Lastly, get rid of the white pinwheel cap and make it solid white; expansion teams can't get away with using pinwheels. I like the logo a lot.

Now, for the poll. I'd just add divisions to the existing leagues instead of creating a whole new league. Not that it's necessarily a concern when all you're trying to do is create uniforms, but you'd have a hard time coming up with a postseason format when you have three leagues. Then again, all of this is fictional and everything everyone creates for this section of the forums is a fictional concept, so do whatever you want.

Archived