Miami Vice MLS Logo

charlessollars

On the OP, I think it has potential. I like the idea but flatten the badge out. Alot of Miami concepts go the tropical color route which don't get me wrong I like but it would be interesting to see something else.

But yeah for right now too detailed to be used. 3D logos just don't really work imo

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok for all of you talking about the colors. here is the idea I had. first of all I am thinking the crest should be like the ones on the World Series hats. If you use that kind of material you can get the 3d real badge look. Far as the colors I like the miamish colors for the uni but if you go with vice cops don't have pink badges so why not keep the badge gold, silver, or copper. On the M V I am thinking that it needs to have some kind of divide between the two not blended together as I did. Far as the whole jacking threads and all the bickering you all need to chill. People are going to do what they do and you can't stop them so why argue it only jacks the thread more

Because "I can do whatever I want" is a first-grade understanding of what freedom means. Like it or not, we've joined a community here, and if everyone in a community just does whatever the hell they want, then that community isn't going to last for very long.

rATMcmK.png

Some of us have been here for a long time and have seen the fall that the concepts forum have taken. THAT'S why we have gotten all riled up about crap like this. That's why we set the rules up in that pinned topic. If we're out of line, the moderators will come in and let us know and we'll abide by their decisions. Until then, many of us, some of them very talented and respected artists, are "policing" the forum because we're trying to restore it to what it was once was, a place where talented artists, such as Fraser Davidson for crying out loud, used to post their work but no longer do, specifically because of the state of this forum.

If you're fine with others jacking your thread, specifically say that you're ok with it in your threads, but don't act like it's ok for everywhere else. You're only encouraging them.

Again, moderators, I apologize if I've overstepped by boundaries here. If you would like me to cease doing so, I will, with no argument.

First off, the actual concept. It's a nice start, but like the others said, it would help to add "South Beach" colors to better tie it in to the city.

Now for everything else. I've never posted a concept here, but I've followed the boards enough to know the rules. So technically, if you post a concept on someone else's thread without their permission, it's hijacking. The font hardly fits the concept anyway. On top of that, you're using Asperger's as a crutch to completely derail the thread. I have Asperger's too, but you don't see me trying to screw everything up. Like someone else said, if we all had that mindset of "I can do whatever, whenever, and no one can tell me to stop", the community would probably become chaos itself. The rules are here for a reason, and if you can't accept that, either rethink your purpose here or get out. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I had to get it off my chest.

Again, I too feel that this logo has potential, but it needs to be less detailed. If you look at the famous logos such as: New York Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, Bayern Munich and others, these logos have had VERY slight changes to them. Again like I said, make it less detailed, by maybe flattening the logo and eliminating the gradient. But that's just my two cents.

On the whole thread jacking crap, it's really annoying. And although I'm not one of the "Concept Vigilantes" I guess I'm more of an advocate of the matter. First off, it's annoying as :censored: to see us novice designers get clumped up, thrown into the foxhole because of this bull :censored:. And secondly, it's rude to see these thread jackers basically say :censored: off, I don't care for what you say, even if I'm asking for C+C. Lastly, would any of you all interrupt your boss, show your own ideas, and then reject all criticism given?

*drops the mic

That's what- She

Archived