DIEBOLT'S CONCEPTS (Hornets & Raptors posted!)

JESSEDIEBOLT

My first thread!

This started as a Charlotte Hornets concept thread I was using for one single concept but I'm going to use it for all concepts. I've had some ideas lately and figured I'd share. I'm not going to do a whole lot of editing once I post, but I'm most definitely listening to feedback.

PS: I LOVE gaudy 90s uniforms so....

uniformsdd1.png

uniformsdd2.png

Sadly, I am so terrified of what bullcrap they are going to reveal tomorrow, that I would gladly take this over anything they are about to reveal. Not saying this is bad, but I would love to see a classic mixed with modern look for the hornets, but I know they are just going to do a :censored:ty job like they did with the logos. With that said, it's sad because I have already decided that this is better despite having never seen the uniforms.

But seriously though these are pretty amazing.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Sadly, I am so terrified of what bullcrap they are going to reveal tomorrow, that I would gladly take this over anything they are about to reveal. Not saying this is bad, but I would love to see a classic mixed with modern look for the hornets, but I know they are just going to do a :censored:ty job like they did with the logos. With that said, it's sad because I have already decided that this is better despite having never seen the uniforms.

But seriously though these are pretty amazing.

Well thanx for the compliments!

I'm in Charlotte and I can say you're in the minority when it comes to not liking what's been released thus far. However, I LOVE the old branding....and I like the new branding.

I don't think the new stuff is bad but I think it's typical of what the NBA has going on at the moment. Everything lacks the 'flavor' it used to have. I do feel like the Hornets rebranding blows most recent rebrands out of the water tho.

Looking forward to tomorrow....and draft day to see the court.

My last concepts before we see the officials tomorrow at 11:30!

uniformsdd1.png

uniformsdd2.png

I would really love these! Modern take on their identity and preserve the throwback look for classic nights. Curious about the sides but cool. 9/10

Appreciate it! Saw you posted these in the Hornets thread.

I'd like to see the sides use a shiny material that you sometimes see on football unis. If not, They'd just be printed in a slightly lighter/darker color than the jersey material.

Love the hornets design. It's bold, new, colorful, and gives homage to the old hornets.

I also like the Raptors concept. Their old unis are a lot better than their new boring ones, including the color scheme. The only things I would change would be to take out the zigzags and put them as single side stripes (they're messing with the name on the back) and keep the respective zigzag colors. Also, lower the number on the back a little, to make room for the nameplate.

One thought on the Hornets: make the road uniforms teal instead of purple. Otherwise it's a good set. The big numbers are a plus.

For the Raptors, I agree it's very 90s looking but it's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. I'd color either the wordmark or the front numbers red on both jerseys, and have red numbers on the back of the home jersey.

Seems really 90's to me, which isn't a bad thing.

I love 90s uniforms! :P

Same here LOVE the Raptors old font and pinstripes. Good job on bringing back red and purple too.

Thanx! I brightened the red to match Canada's red.

Love the hornets design. It's bold, new, colorful, and gives homage to the old hornets.

I also like the Raptors concept. Their old unis are a lot better than their new boring ones, including the color scheme. The only things I would change would be to take out the zigzags and put them as single side stripes (they're messing with the name on the back) and keep the respective zigzag colors. Also, lower the number on the back a little, to make room for the nameplate.

Thanx!

I considered doing regular pinstripes for the Raps but decided to go full out 90s with them. And yeah I should've lowered the number on the back.

One thought on the Hornets: make the road uniforms teal instead of purple. Otherwise it's a good set. The big numbers are a plus.

For the Raptors, I agree it's very 90s looking but it's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. I'd color either the wordmark or the front numbers red on both jerseys, and have red numbers on the back of the home jersey.

I think I'll make a new teal version to match the bright teal officials.

I wasn't sure what to do with the wordmark for the Raps. I didn't like the way it looked colored but I don't think it looks bad the way I did it.

Archived