US Soccer Badge Concept

aeargle

I like that a lot. I think a simplified (jersey patch type) version could have the USA enlarged and the "UNITED STATES SOCCER" and possibly stars removed.

The only reason I say remove the stars is because of the stigma towards using stars in soccer without having won championships. Obviously some countries get a free pass because they are symbolized by stars, but the eagle and stripes may do enough to get the USA message across.

One more minor edit I think would improve things would be a white tail. Bald eagles have white tails, and it adds balance to the eagle head.

I'm giving a lot of C&C because this is a really great logo and is very near perfect. Great work!

I would go back to the crest shape of the current logo. While the shape of yours is definitely unique and interesting, it seemingly does not work well with the design principles. Also, I still do not quite think the negative space with the S looks great but am unsure on what changes could be made to fix that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Also, I still do not quite think the negative space with the S looks great but am unsure on what changes could be made to fix that.

I think dropping the S in the negative space would drop the whole concept from this badge and it'd just be a regular ol' US soccer badge, not that that's a bad thing. I love the one pictured below, and it's simplicity, but the negative S is what I feel makes this badge unique.

usmnt_centennial.png

It's really graphically nice. I don't know if it's national crest, as it is kind of on trend, and I think they should be very traditional and almost regal looking, as you can see (with our dated early 90s design, or Ireland's very early 00's) using current trends in national crests lead to needing to rebrand every generation.

That said, put that on a shirt and get it on a nice soft, high quality shirt screen printed and I pay $30 for that all day.

Archived