SEC College Hockey

ColeJ

I like your last name and jersey number selection haha. (My last name and my number in all sports and what I use in some of my concepts) B)

HA... same here, only the only sport i ever actually played was hockey. i've been using JONES 2 on all my concepts here for over 10 years now. lol

thanks for the kind words :)

Next release is the Florida Gators, which gave me a little more trouble than I expected them to when I originally started planning this project. Luckily, I'm very pleased with how things turned out.

FLOR-Home_zpsf52d35bc.png

FLOR-road_zpsba3bb238.png

Orange pants and helmets?! Yeah... I could have gone the safe route, with royal blue... but that wouldn't be very fun, would it? Besides... if the Rangers and 90's Jets can pull off bright red pants with a royal blue jersey, why can't the Gators pull off orange?

Also, I took some of the feedback on Auburn, and switched the colors in the logo. I left the white helmet on the home jersey, however... because I've noticed most college hockey programs only use one helmet, and if Auburn only has one helmet, it should totally be white.

Also, contrary to popular opinion, I absolutely love how Team USA looks when they wear all navy with white lids. Call me crazy.

AUB-Home2_zps072c06ef.png

The original post has been updated to reflect these changes.

I actually love orange pants. They look great.

Like I said earlier. This thread will need some modern jerseys too. As of now they're all just classic, which looks great, but IMO there should be at least 2 modern style teams. So try and throw those in there. I'll be watching to see where this thread goes.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

i'm doing every team in the SEC... so yeah... patience.

MIzzou isn't going to look "classic" by any stretch.

i'm matching each school with uniforms that I feel fit their image.

Nice work here. I think you've done a pretty good job of translating the football looks (of a football conference) to hockey uniforms. I particularly like the LSU (sweeping shoulder stripes) and Florida (orange pants and helmets!) looks. Keep it up!

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

After a couple days away from my GIMP, I finally got a chance to finish the South Carolina Gamecocks. Hopefully modern enough to appease my critics, and hopefully "Cocky" enough to keep the Carolinians happy as well.

COCKS-Home_zpsa06eabe2.png

COCKS-Road_zpsff896446.png

Ladies and gents, the Vols. Traditional with a bit of quirkiness. Checkboards, without being ridiculous.

At least that was my aim. I hope I accomplished it.

VOLS-Home_zps8f964a0c.png

VOLS-Road_zps09afb559.png

Also, for the record, I do this for the feedback and commentary... so anyone that feels like going back through this thread and giving actual detailed feedback about what you like and what you dislike about each school, it would be appreciated.

that's supposed to be sort of a "faux-gradient" style pattern, inspired by these undershirts.

evc_20130907_Western_Kentucky_Hilltopper

i had a feeling when i did it that it may not be popular, but i'm pleased with how it turned out.

After a couple days away from my GIMP, I finally got a chance to finish the South Carolina Gamecocks. Hopefully modern enough to appease my critics, and hopefully "Cocky" enough to keep the Carolinians happy as well.

As much as I hate them, Carolina looks good here. Same as LSU, I would lose the shoulder stripes. That's just too much at that point. Also, I'd change the helmet decal to match their football helmet. The logo You used is only used by their baseball team. Also, take my money for a pair of those garnet socks!

Tennessee - same opinion as everyone else. Make those checkerboards go all the way around.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Haha, well I didn't see this, but yes IMO this is definitely modern enough to please me.

As for Tennessee, I really can't get behind those checkerboard stripes like that. What if you sumbliminated them? And centered the faux-gradient with the sublimination, so it would get more attention, without being seen. Hmm, I like that.

Oh and holy orange! Seriously that's way too much orange. Really I love orange pants with a contrasting color jersey, but here it would be blinding. That's why I eventually added black trim and pants (Now I wish I did it with navy blue ugh) to this Holland concept I did (http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96248-holland-hockey-jersey-equipment-problem/) Even if it isn't technically a school color, its the best option.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Archived