32 Team World Cup of Hockey

kiwi_canadian

I loved the white jersey for France in those championships too, but I see why Nike didn't make a matching blue jersey... My suggestion to this would be maybe make the smaller white stripes subliminated and there would be a bold chest stripe in the middle.

Unless you want a flag for each side of the arm (which would be really weird), the flag on the Finland jersey is executed wrongly. So you'd have the "t" part of the flag on one arm on one side, and the other on the opposite side. Also on the Finn jersey I'd try going yokeless and adding colored arms... I'd be curious to see them sporting a redwings esque look. (The reason I suggest this is because the flag would retain two stripes while being accurate to the actual flag) One more thing, I feel the helmet should be dark blue like it is now.

I'd have to see what Latvia looks like in person before I'd rate it, but it looks like it can work...

Jake88%2BSignture.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIth at least Rugby Union and association football(sports im most familiar with in regards to Australia), the dominate feature, and put on the left chest on their jerseys, is the Australian coat of arms, which is missing entirely from your concepts.

It would be like removing the maple leafe from the canadian jersey altogether and replacing it with a beaver, or the like.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I loved the white jersey for France in those championships too, but I see why Nike didn't make a matching blue jersey... My suggestion to this would be maybe make the smaller white stripes subliminated and there would be a bold chest stripe in the middle.

Unless you want a flag for each side of the arm (which would be really weird), the flag on the Finland jersey is executed wrongly. So you'd have the "t" part of the flag on one arm on one side, and the other on the opposite side. Also on the Finn jersey I'd try going yokeless and adding colored arms... I'd be curious to see them sporting a redwings esque look. (The reason I suggest this is because the flag would retain two stripes while being accurate to the actual flag) One more thing, I feel the helmet should be dark blue like it is now.

I'd have to see what Latvia looks like in person before I'd rate it, but it looks like it can work...

Took it into consideration for France and liked having the white bold chest stripe with the thinner stripes in a lighter shade of blue. Makes the center logo stand out a bit more.

So played a bit around and decided to go back to the World Champ arm design with the double arm bands. After looking at it again and trying to picture the actual jersey, the flags just did not work... As for the helmet, the lighter shade of blue is the actual one they use currently.

WIth at least Rugby Union and association football(sports im most familiar with in regards to Australia), the dominate feature, and put on the left chest on their jerseys, is the Australian coat of arms, which is missing entirely from your concepts.

It would be like removing the maple leafe from the canadian jersey altogether and replacing it with a beaver, or the like.

For the "Mighty Roos" (that is their nickname) they don't actually use a coat of arms anywhere on their jersey for any competition hence the reason it is not used here.

Now onto Pool D and half way through the 32 team project... which is my biggest concept series ever.

First up is South Korea. This year they went with a more modern design but I went back a couple years with this one as it fit in with what Nike is doing and I feel are going a more traditional looking design... to a certain extent... EDIT: so changed the logo to the coat of arms for Korea and changed the arm design.

munUM3M.png

Next up is Slovenia. I liked that they went with the green and blue for the Olympics and decided to keep the colours and design on this jersey. Only slight changes in that I added arm strips high up to match the waist and I used their federation logo recoloured to match the jersey.

cmnoZdW.png

China now. Nothing too dramatic here. Much like Lithuania and Hungary, went with a simple design and added a Chinese dragon on the shoulders. EDIT: Dropped the federation logo as it is pretty terrible and went back to the 2010 Olympic idea with CHINA in scrip on the front on both English and Mandarin (I think)

0bYD9RD.png

Finally Denmark. I kept the same design they used for their light jersey from the recent World Champs and added some striping on the opposite arm. For the dark jersey, just revered the colours on the light jersey.

J8moESz.png

Pool E will consist of Belgium, Switzerland, Italy and Kazakhstan. The remaining teams may take a little longer to post as getting used to having a newborn around will take major priority but will try my best to finish this series. As always C&C. Thanks!

I really don't like the 90's style Korea logo, would like to see you use the Taegeuk as the logo with the Trigrams as the striping. It's a really missed opportunity otherwise. May I ask what the shoulder design is about?

Love Slovenija's jersey, but not feeling the cluttered logo. Possibly using a manipulated Coat of Arms look or something along that line.

China, is China, pretty straight forward but would have liked to see a dragon as the logo. I believe they have one team in the Japan/South Korean league and it would quite plausible to see that similar idea carried over.

I see too much Canada in Denmark but I do like the White yoke on the dark jersey, very traditional for Denmark. I would also prefer the Lion on the actual logo rather than wrapped around.

China definitely needs a new logo, that thing is horrible. And the jerseys don't say "China" to me. When making a concept for a national team it's best to do research about their history and culture, It gives you a better understanding of what would represent them best. China's unis say generic team. Normal straight stripes don't fit them. A lot of their teams use more angular and modern striping. Slovenia is perfect.

So unfortuneately im having issues with my computer and loading the forum website. Won't work on IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Until i get this issue sorted, I won't be posting the rest of the jerserys... If anyone knows how to fix this "server times out" issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I can now get back on the site!! With the time, I've had time to almost complete the entire series. But for now, I'll just keep posting the pools.

Pool E

Kazhakstan: Only slight changes with Kazahkstan, mainly adding stripes to the arm.

qnzjaVv.png

Switzerland: For the Swiss, I kept the basics of the jersey. For he red jersey, I wanted the sublimated crosses to be more noticeable, hence the stripes around them. I also changed the shoulders to keep the rough look of the 2010 jerseys.

eQBJw8y.png

Belguim: Went with some elements of various jerseys from their past.

QJyeBrl.png

Italy: Finaly with Italy, not really a lot of changes. Carried the stripes from the blue jersey to the white one and added blue t the under arms. For the dark jersey, added the arm stripes to the jersey as well. C&C as always.

CeTDQOa.png

Drop the box on Australia, get rid of all the lines on France, combine the big lines on te front of Poland, and change switzerlaands font. I really like all the others, especially Finland and Sweden! Keep up the good work! And belguim an Germany's black uniforms are too similar with the yellow yolk.... Just saying!

Kazakstan: I don't like how dark the Yellow/Gold is, if it were similar to the flag, it would be easier to see. Other than that, I like it.

Switzerland: I would have liked to see the Red jersey have the Swiss Cross in the middle instead of the reverse of the White jersey.

Belgium: I think Belgium pulls off a Red better than a Black due to the similarities to Germany. Just flip the colours and I think you have a winner.

Italy: Pinstripes on the white jersey look weird but I would asume they would look alright in action. Not sure how to swing that one without getting rid of the pinstripes entirely. Would "Italia" on the Blue jersey look better in White? or at least a white outline

Pretty solid grouping here, glad to see you back and have sorted out your computer issues.

The pinstripes actually don't look bad in game (think Slovakia and their anthem lyrics on the jersey). I'll have a go and the suggestions when I have time but for now I'll post Pool F, which was called the "group of death" in the article as all four teams in the group are actually known for hockey, some more than others though.

First up the Czech Republic. For the Czechs, I kept the design from the white jersey but thinned out the stripes around the shoulders. I added stripes to the arms to match the shoulders. For the red jersey, I went with a reverse of the white and also changed the pants to blue as it was far too much red when I tried it.

1eWv48G.png

Slovakia: For the Slovaks, I went back to the century jerseys they had a few years ago when the World Champs were in Quebec. I feel (as most of you do ) that the current ones are too similar to the US and it's like watching a blue vs. white scrimmage game between the two. I did keep the darker blue with these sets as well as the red.

nHjL8AA.png

Norway: For the Norwegians, not a huge change. I like a logo on the front of a jersey so I went back to the logo they used on the very first set of Nike Swift jerseys. The arm stripes go back in the past for Norway as well as the shoulders. Kept the sublimated polar bear like they currently have as well.

Vw5TaCx.png

Finally, Austria. I kept the same design from the Olympics but changed the the language that Austria was written in as well as went with the script being more visible. I did add the eagle to the shoulders as well.

PJ2Ybth.png

It has been a few days... Babies take up a lot of your time. Anyways, the penultimate group contains USA, Great Britain, Israel and Mexico. If this were to happen in the real world, the Americans would easily be through to the round of 16, but the next one would be up in the air. My bet would be on Britain but you never know.

Great Britain: For the British, I went back to their Olympic gold medal design which I've done in the past. For the sublimated design I used the "lion passant" symbol.

6bxepMj.png

Israel: For Israel I kept it simple. I swapped the logos around for the chest and shoulder logos. I also added the star of David on the front like Norway with the bear.

ZBmeOtA.png

Mexico: I went back a few years with their jersey. I'm not a big fan of the NYR Winter Classic template for them and not a fan of the cream coloured jersey. I also moved their federation logo to the upper chest as more of a patch. For the crest I used the eagle from their flag.

UWHAkqY.png

Finally the USA: For the Americans, I went back to one of their strongest uniform designs. I based the jersey off of the 2005 World Champ jersey. For the crest, I wanted to go back to the eagle from the 60's but more a more updated "USA" shield, so I used the Olympic logo. I also kept the stars on the shoulders as well.

MqHXst9.png

That's it for group G. Group H will be up when I finish the final country (Russia) and when I get the time. As always, C & C. Thanks!

Love, Love LOVE the USA jersey. Can't wait for the rest... Also, what program do you use? Photoshop?

Thanks! I have to admit that I didn't mind the USA jerseys from the Olympics. I liked the crest and felt that the World Champs jersey got ruined with their current logo. I want to see a switch to the crest as their official logo or something like it... But that's just my opinion.

As for the program, I use paint.NET. It's kind of like photoshop but less complicated for people like me lol. It's a free download as well and there is a jersey concept tutorial on hockeyjerseyconcepts.com for it as well as lots of templates for it as well.

Well this was one of the biggest things I've done and it now comes to an end. Pool H which in reality would be a cake walk for Russia and Ukraine is now complete.

Ukraine: For the Ukrainians I went with the same idea as the former Soviet countries with the arm and waist pattern designed after a traditional pattern for that country. (Belarus has it on their current jersey as well).

Q6XRpem.png

New Zealand: For the Kiwis, I went with a simple design. I moved their sock striping of their current jerseys to the arm and kept the Maori design on the waist as I have done with previous concepts of mine for New Zealand.

vx85I8h.png

Russia: For the Russians, I went back to their white Olympic jersey as it was definitely unique and that is something that I think Nike is trying to achieve with their new designs. I mirrored the design with the dark jersey but with some slight modifications. I did try it with the colours reversed as well as blue but it just did not work.

YVQ0XZT.png

South Africa: For South Africa, I went with another simple design. Kept the protea flower on the shoulders.

EWqG0HH.png

And that's it. The Hockey News 32 team World Cup is now finished!

Archived