George Mason logo revamped

jefrsn

I think the old one looked better and was better designed than this new one. Maybe a bit behind the times, but the black in the new one is unnecessary and the way I see it, the added dimensionality of the star conflicts with the perspective.

If I didn't know better, I'd say the old one looks like a campaign logo for a candidate named George Mason.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Interesting that on the new one "George" was removed. I wonder if going forward they are going to be known as the "Mason Patriots"? Maybe they feel they can build a better national identity if the university doesn't appear to be a man's name.

the old one had class to it, this new one looks like the Chargers' bolts mixed with the star from the TX Rangers' old logo.

my verdict: the new one blows.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not a big fan of the revamp. My wife and I actually do some design work for George Mason. They revamped their entire school identity system as well. A local company in Arlington, VA got the contract and pretty much milked the school dry in my opinion. The logo is pretty hard to use according to ther standards. Wish i would have gotten a sniff at that job for the money they paid :)

Archived