The Utah Jazz GM suffers from Dementia!

fiasco!

I can't help thinking this is one of those occasions when a team looks for a type of player, finds the type of player for a large wage, and then finds out the player isn't good enough. Thats not to say Okur isn't a talented player, but all sports are full of guys who have failed to step up to star billing. Maybe Okun will be someone who does reach the standard he needs to but I personally doubt it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well sports are full of gambles, sometimes they pan out and sometimes they don't.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, if the Jazz were smart they would've tried to go for a guy like Marcus Camby before the Nuggets coud get a shot at resigning.

Do you understand that Manu Ginobli's offered contract by the Nuggets is expected to be worth $9 million. Do you honestly think Okur is worth almost as much as him?

IUe6Hvh.png

So who in your mind is worth 8 million a year? In this summer's free agency who should have the Jazz gotten? Who could they possibly get? We all had high hopes that we could snag Erick Dampier but that's a pipe dream. Okur was the best, most talented center that Jazz could get. They also wanted a big man they could keep around for a while, hence the 6 year contract. You can always say that so and so won't cut it but in this situation Okur was the best decision the Jazz could make considering.

If no one is worth 8 mil per, THEN DON'T PAY ANYBODY THAT KIND OF MONEY!

So who in your mind is worth 8 million a year?  In this summer's free agency who should have the Jazz gotten?  Who could they possibly get?  We all had high hopes that we could snag Erick Dampier but that's a pipe dream.  Okur was the best, most talented center that Jazz could get.  They also wanted a big man they could keep around for a while, hence the 6 year contract.  You can always say that so and so won't cut it but in this situation Okur was the best decision the Jazz could make considering.

In my humble opinion, Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player who ever lived, was not worth an $8 million salary.

I do believe one has a right to benefit proportionally from the revenue one creates, thus MJ would've been a millionaire dozens, if not hundreds, of times over regardless of salary. But to pay a flat rate $8 million for a year's worth of work is obscene.

The day the doctors, firemen, and every other hardworking hero in this world gets paid $8 million/year, is the day I can see you justifying paying a basketball player that much. I've heard the argument made that there's thousands of men and women all over the country who could become a doctor or fireman, and only about 100 or 200 people worldwide are qualified to play in the NBA, but IMO I really could care less. Yes the laws of supply and demand say that you should get paid more, but the laws of reason and common sense say that there are far better uses for $25 million in today's world then spending it on a 16-bedroom house in Beverly Hills when you're family only has 3 people.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So who in your mind is worth 8 million a year? In this summer's free agency who should have the Jazz gotten? Who could they possibly get? We all had high hopes that we could snag Erick Dampier but that's a pipe dream. Okur was the best, most talented center that Jazz could get. They also wanted a big man they could keep around for a while, hence the 6 year contract. You can always say that so and so won't cut it but in this situation Okur was the best decision the Jazz could make considering.

In my humble opinion, Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player who ever lived, was not worth an $8 million salary.

I do believe one has a right to benefit proportionally from the revenue one creates, thus MJ would've been a millionaire dozens, if not hundreds, of times over regardless of salary. But to pay a flat rate $8 million for a year's worth of work is obscene.

The day the doctors, firemen, and every other hardworking hero in this world gets paid $8 million/year, is the day I can see you justifying paying a basketball player that much. I've heard the argument made that there's thousands of men and women all over the country who could become a doctor or fireman, and only about 100 or 200 people worldwide are qualified to play in the NBA, but IMO I really could care less. Yes the laws of supply and demand say that you should get paid more, but the laws of reason and common sense say that there are far better uses for $25 million in today's world then spending it on a 16-bedroom house in Beverly Hills when you're family only has 3 people.

I agree with everything you said there syphi!

I don't wanna downplay the talents of some of these guys, but these are people who are being set up for life, but aren't gonna be remebered 10 years from now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Do you understand that Manu Ginobli's offered contract by the Nuggets is expected to be worth $9 million. Do you honestly think Okur is worth almost as much as him?

It's quite simple, big men are valued more than others that are at the same skill level but play different positions.

You have to pay players that kind of money to start competitive. It's that or go into another lock out. I personally don't want my favorite sports league to go through that crap again. It's inevitable, players will continue to get paid the big bucks!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

At least the NBA has a salary cap and some sort of max salary... you won't see Kobe getting a quarter of a billion dollars, even if some team wanted to pay him that much.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

At least the NBA has a salary cap and some sort of max salary... you won't see Kobe getting a quarter of a billion dollars, even if some team wanted to pay him that much.

True dat, True dat!

A-Rod can go jump off a cliff!

Retired Number's To Come

Here's something related. I think it was a good call by the Jazz. K-Mart is way over priced himself!

Link

Retired Number's To Come

It still sucks that players with a lot of hype like Kenyon Martin & Rony seikaly (oops! did I say Rony?) don't want to come to Utah.

Retired Number's To Come

I just went to ESPN.com and it looks like the Jazz have Boozer in the bag!

68 Million over 6 years

Retired Number's To Come

Archived