Rebranding my old Middle School (updated the tiger logo)

jaker52

I lose a lot of depth in this with the feet connecting from the back to the front foot. It looks more like a childrens book illustration than a sports logo. Maybe you could thicken the black outline and use the black outline to help with the shading on the tiger.

Kind of like this one: 2328.gif

how the black outline also helps with the shading of the back leg and giving the body more depth.

See what other critiques are at first and you can slowly start to build on it one by one instead of trying to update the whole thing at once.

I think you've gone for too much detail in the mouth and eyes with too thick of a stroke. Decrease the thickness of your stroke and simplify those areas. Also try simplifying the lines in the paw print. You don't have to trace a paw print exactly; you can clean it up and take a little bit of "artistic license" to make it look a little cleaner.

The back leg kind of looks really limp and floppy. I'd look to try and clean the feet up a bit in general as they all look limp. Anither thing to bring up is the size of the details you have. Especially the teeth. Those teeth are so small that you're not going to see them if you back up. Look to try and connect the teeth on the sides to one white shape without any space in between them.

It looks like a house cat. Look at the logo Wonka posted earlier. Look how it has dynamic lines and shading to show that it has fur. Has a more fierce look to it. It looks like a tiger. Your's looks like my moms orange tabby.

The mouth needs a lot of work. It's by far the biggest weakness. The teeth are way too small and there's no way a tigers mouth would be that perfect of an oval shape. I'm also not understanding why the ear is all black. Also your stripes look too perfect, if you know what I mean. You gotta have more shading and depth.

Also, your paw logo looks really sloppy. All looks pretty sloppy and lazy.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

It looks like a house cat. Look at the logo Wonka posted earlier. Look how it has dynamic lines and shading to show that it has fur. Has a more fierce look to it. It looks like a tiger. Your's looks like my moms orange tabby.

The mouth needs a lot of work. It's by far the biggest weakness. The teeth are way too small and there's no way a tigers mouth would be that perfect of an oval shape. I'm also not understanding why the ear is all black. Also your stripes look too perfect, if you know what I mean. You gotta have more shading and depth.

paw was traced from a real one bc i wanted it to be realistic

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

paw was traced from a real one bc i wanted it to be realistic

There should be a line between realism and a sports logo. For instance if you look at older logos they are very realistic in almost every aspect of detail. For the most part, that's why they are old logos now. A logo should be bold, sleek and eye catching for a brand. Something realistic with wavy lines everywhere and different angles is going to look sloppy in almost every way. At the end of the day that's up to you what you put out but IMO, realism should be pushed aside from logos (for the most part). Obviously you want realistic shading, and body part shapes but the details should be more refined.

Archived