2015 NCAA Lacrosse Thread

YelichGraphics

Yeah, Maryland just sputtered the entire way. Kinda sad to see that..

On the other hand, you can imagine what Denver's win does for the sport. It won't to get more programs off the ground thanks to finances and Title XI, but it has to at least open eyes nationwide.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bigger news on the growth front is that Jim Delaney says some other B1G schools are now considering adding lacrosse (men's and/or women's) since the conference's first season went so well. If the profile of B1G lacrosse is raised because more schools get on board, that should help raise the profile overall.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The bigger news on the growth front is that Jim Delaney says some other B1G schools are now considering adding lacrosse (men's and/or women's) since the conference's first season went so well. If the profile of B1G lacrosse is raised because more schools get on board, that should help raise the profile overall.

My guess is that Northwestern and Michigan State will add teams in the near future. Maybe Wisconsin, too.

Although attempting to repeat the debut season might be tough... three teams in the field of 16, two reach Championship Weekend (and faced each other) and Maryland finishes as national runner-up.

About the only way that would of went better is if Ohio State joined them in Philadelphia.

My guess is that Northwestern and Michigan State will add teams in the near future. Maybe Wisconsin, too.

That sounds like a reasonable guess. Northwestern already has a strong women's program and Michigan State may not want Michigan to steal the spotlight.

Michigan State also already has a club team . . . as do Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Purdue (which I just learned).

Although attempting to repeat the debut season might be tough... three teams in the field of 16, two reach Championship Weekend (and faced each other) and Maryland finishes as national runner-up.

About the only way that would of went better is if Ohio State joined them in Philadelphia.

That is true. However, it is reasonable to think Ohio State, Maryland and Hopkins will continue to have solid programs. Beyond that, Michigan should only get better with time and Penn State has always been at least a solid program.

Rutgers? Meh.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I'd like to say Ohio state can stay up there but I don't think it'll happen next year. But seeing how well they did this year makes me think they have a solid future ahead of them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd like to say Ohio state can stay up there but I don't think it'll happen next year. But seeing how well they did this year makes me think they have a solid future ahead of them.

I don't think they are necessarily a perennial playoff team, but the program seems to be on solid footing. They have developed a pretty strong recruiting pipeline to Baltimore. According to their website, nine players on this year's roster were from MIAA schools (i.e., Baltimore area private schools).

That's why I don't see a big run next year. Playing Johns Hopkins and Maryland as well as Notre Dame means they'll take lumps they could avoid playing someone else. But eventually it will even out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived