Silent's Sports Signatures - All Sports Championships & "Where I Come From" (WNBA added!)

Silent Wind of Doom

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh.  We seem to be in a bit of a situation.  

----

Wow.  Apparently the new boards keep your messages saved.  Neat.  That was still there.

As everyone likely can tell, there was a bit of a weirdness going on there in terms of sigs disappearing and such, so I was unsure how to continue, and then when things came back, some stuff came up in my life.  It's been busy.  Time to get this stuff done now.  Sorry for the delay.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/19/2016 at 11:43 PM, Silence of the Rams said:

May I please have

Jeff Gordon (Cup Championships, Daytona 500 wins, Brickyard 400 wins)

Jimmie Johnson (Cup Championships, Daytona 500 wins, Brickyard 400 wins)

Dale Earnhardt Jr.(Xfinity Championships(Driver and Owner), Daytona 500 wins)

Corvette Racing (LeMans, Daytona, ALMS Championships)

Scott Dixon (Indy 500, IRL Championships)

Past 19 F1 Championships

I do apologize for the hefty load so take as much time as you need

As I did with your original request a few months ago, I have a few clarifications when it comes to Corvette.  When you say LeMans and Daytona, do you mean the 24-hour races you'd requested last time?  And do you happen to have any pictures of the ALMS trophies?  I'm having trouble finding them.

As for the other requests...

Here you are, Flyersfan, although, I gotta say, if you're going to put this in your sig, you have GOT to remove some stuff.  Your sig's reaching almost a page's-worth of space.  There are ways around trimming some fat from what's there, or just shrinking them.  Lemme know if you'd like me to take a try, if the original creator isn't interested in taking care of it themselves (or, of course, you don't want to do it yourself).

10zmelj.jpg

As for BayouJim, I've made a number of updates since your sig was first put together, getting more information on the historical versions of the Peach Bowl trophy, etc, and also done historical versions of all the teams you included and half of the trophies.  Here's a version of your original sig with the missing championships...

fzb3id.jpg

And here's a version using my historical logos and such...

11v42lg.jpg

You can use whatever your prefer, or we can work together to split the difference.  It's your sig, so it's whatever you like.

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

As for BayouJim, I've made a number of updates since your sig was first put together, getting more information on the historical versions of the Peach Bowl trophy, etc, and also done historical versions of all the teams you included and half of the trophies.  Here's a version of your original sig with the missing championships...

fzb3id.jpg

And here's a version using my historical logos and such...

11v42lg.jpg

You can use whatever your prefer, or we can work together to split the difference.  It's your sig, so it's whatever you like.

The updates look awesome. Really good man. I appreciate it so much! I definitely like it with the historical logos. That's what this site is all about right?

17 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

As I did with your original request a few months ago, I have a few clarifications when it comes to Corvette.  When you say LeMans and Daytona, do you mean the 24-hour races you'd requested last time?  And do you happen to have any pictures of the ALMS trophies?  I'm having trouble finding them.

The 24 Hour races like last time and

imsa-bishop-france-trophy.thumb.jpg.cefa

There is the ALMS trophy

18 hours ago, BayouJim said:

The updates look awesome. Really good man. I appreciate it so much! I definitely like it with the historical logos. That's what this site is all about right?

Glad you enjoy it.  It really wasn't any trouble.  Except for the LSU basketball logos, I'd already had all that stuff pre-done.  A while ago I did the Big Five sports in advance so I could easily plug them in, and someone had already requested LSU football and basketball a while ago.  I didn't realize until after I'd posted it that you were more correct with the Blackhawks alternate logo, as the version I've been using is the one on the white jersey, and the version you'd had was the one for the red version, which would probably be better on the red background.  Lemme know if you want me to change it.

Silence, I finally finished it!  Since the Scott Dixon part includes the IRL championships, I switched it and Corvette so that there wouldn't be confusion with it being right next to the IRL championships.  Hope it looks good.

2d2c9yv.jpg

On a side note, Quillz is really causing a bit of a confusion.  He made his text below his name "Silence of the Rams".  Took me a second to figure that one out in my mind.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Glad you enjoy it.  It really wasn't any trouble.  Except for the LSU basketball logos, I'd already had all that stuff pre-done.  A while ago I did the Big Five sports in advance so I could easily plug them in, and someone had already requested LSU football and basketball a while ago.  I didn't realize until after I'd posted it that you were more correct with the Blackhawks alternate logo, as the version I've been using is the one on the white jersey, and the version you'd had was the one for the red version, which would probably be better on the red background.  Lemme know if you want me to change it.

Silence, I finally finished it!  Since the Scott Dixon part includes the IRL championships, I switched it and Corvette so that there wouldn't be confusion with it being right next to the IRL championships.  Hope it looks good.

2d2c9yv.jpg

On a side note, Quillz is really causing a bit of a confusion.  He made his text below his name "Silence of the Rams".  Took me a second to figure that one out in my mind.

One thing. Jimmie Johnson is the 48 not the 46. Other than that. Fabulous

2 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

One thing. Jimmie Johnson is the 48 not the 46. Other than that. Fabulous

Hah!  Wow.  How'd I screw that up?  Looked at pictures of his car through each year to get the look of the numbering right, and I never figured out that was wrong.  Here ya go.

aw9k7k.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can I have a signature, Some might be easier than others though, Logos and Trophies of era please, If I should ask for less tell me

Chicago Cubs, World Series, NL Pennants, WC/Division Wins

Chicago Bears, NFL Champs/SB Champs, NFC Champs, Division Wins

Chicago Fire, MLS Champs, Supporters Shield, Conference Wins, US Open Cups

Chicago Blackhawks, Stanley Cups, President's Trophies, Conference wins, Division wins

Chicago Bulls, FInals wins, Conference wins

Manchester United, EPL Champs, FA Cups, League Cups, Champions/Europa League wins

Rennes(SRFC), Coupe de France Wins, Ligue 1/2 wins

Illinois FB, Bowl wins, B1G wins, National Titles

Illinois St FB Playoff Apps, MVFC Wins

US Mens and Womens Soccer, World Cups, Gold Cups, Women's Olympic Golds

USA Mens and Womens American Football, World Championship Wins

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

I've been thinking about it, and I wanted to add some Paris Saint-Germain boxes as well. 

Could I have the following?

Ligue 1 titles

Coupe de France titles

Coupe de la Ligue titles

Trophée des Champions titles

Thanks in advance, mate. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

And before you ask, and some clarifications, sorry if you already know

USA American Football World Championships

Women's 2010, 2013

Men's 2007, 2011, 2015

US Open Cup

Fire 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006

Man U

All First Division Championships, PL and 1stD

Capital One (League) Cup 1992, 2006, '09, '10

Club World Cup 2008

This is the the IFAF trophy I fould find

Image result for Ifaf mens world championship trophy

90s-2011 mens

The 2015 mens should be on Facebook of the IFAF page, but I cannot find the Womens at this time

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

Working on everything, but having a little trouble.  I can see the current French soccer trophies, but they're all rather obviously from this century.  You guys have any pics of the older trophies?

I could also use a little help on the history of the Rennes crest.  Thanks, guys.  I'll have everything to you soon as I can.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the important trophies are the same, but cant be sure, but who knows with trophies, leave the L2s out, and I don't mind if the current team badges are used for them, the current logo looks nicer, and the older logos are hard to find, and I find it easier to find American things, sadly.

Années 1970-198070s/80s, though I can't be sure

Image result for missouri valley football trophy

trophy to the right is the MVFC champions trophy

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

Huzzah.  I think I've got everything done to everyone's satisfaction.  This was a lot of new things to do, so sorry it took so long.  I couldn't find older trophies for French Soccer, so I just used the current ones.

Random Euro-American Fan, you are officially the user with the largest of these, so big I had to chop it into two parts just to fit.  I made two versions: one in the order you listed and one with things shuffled around a bit to make it more compact.

x4n1no.jpg

24y9x90.jpg

9rjgjd.jpg

2elqjcw.jpg

Uglybus, I made the update.  Yours hasn't showed up yet in your sig, so lemme know if you have a problem that needs fixing.

2jcxd14.jpg

And finally, welcome JosiahWVU.  Before this, I didn't even know rifling was an NCAA sport!  Since the men haven't won a world cup, I left them off.  Your current sig is taking up an entire screen, so you're gonna have to drop a few things off before making the addition.

nv1mo6.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks! It might be big, but it looks very well done, and it looks perfect with it more compact, with one exemption that I do not blame you for, my fault really(see below), and I can see how mine might be the biggest here. Your work all looks good, and it must be hard doing everything the first time around.(You do have templates for doing multiples for the stuff you have done) Did I put it in right?

I should have asked for the TdC for Rennes, and the winning year was 71', and for the 2015 IFAF wc trophy, here is the design, I finally got the chance to show it, but looking at the banners it might be hard to see. Sorry for not getting you that one sooner, I couldn't get an image of it quickly.

image.thumb.jpeg.3331724d695d2246e0d030f

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

Time to bring back some alternates!  I made a number of these before, but they could use an update to the newer clearer look of the current sigs.  First, here's some American League teams...

The nickname "The O's" was always something I wanted to play with, but I got busy before I did an alternate.  When I went back this time, though, I decided to focus on the fans' national anthem tradition, something I even hear when the Birds come to the Bronx.  While researching images of fans joining in, I found this image of the originator.

<br/><a href="http://oi66.tinypic.com/33ys29w.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

Can't leave this reference out.  I'd made three alternates for the team last time, but this was the only one that I ever saw anyone use, and I know the song holds a special place in people's hearts.

14cw70m.jpg

I'd done a version of this before, but it featured Robinson Cano.  I decided to instead stick with the Core Four for the "modern" version.  It's just safer that way.

eb688h.jpg

For Cleveland fans who love their fictional team as much as the real one, here's a Major League inspired one.  When I first did these, I half wanted to use this, but opted for a more real homage.  I sure do love this song, though.

2ecd63c.jpg

Much like the "Good Guys Wear Black" line, I don't know if the White Sox still stand by this mantra, but it still holds good vibes and memories.

2qdvf5j.jpg

I originally did the current fountain-themed Royals sig when they were the team everyone perennially said would make the playoffs next year.  I wanted to avoid king and crown imagery to not give the appearance of mocking their state.  Now that they're on top of the world, though, here's a new alternate version.

1y2yys.jpg

This was the original Mariners sig, but I decided to focus on the King's Court instead.  For those who want to show some Mariner Moose love, I threw in the moment that saved baseball in Seattle, despite whatever personal pain there may be there.

309myia.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived