New Mexico Uniform Concept (Away)

Jabel777

Tye side panel on the away doesnt match the jersey. Also, where does the grey on the front view 'end'?

Yeah oops. Can't believe I forgot to edit the side panel. The grey on top is supposed to end on the very top of the shoulder but I don't know how that would work...

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The back number is so big that I feel it would almost touch the side panel detail (it would be outside of what the NCAA calls the "neutral zone"). I suggest you reduce the size of both the front and back numbers. Also, I think the stripe on the back that the player name is on is also a violation of the NCAA "neutral zone" uniform rule. Something to think about if it matters to you. Here's the rule:

Section 22. Uniforms (Game Jersey and Pants)

Art. 5. The neutral zone(s) of the game jersey shall be of the same single color. A tonal design effect is permitted within the neutral zone(s) provided the tonal shift is not more than 15 percent of any one shade of color.

Check out the rule book here (it has images to explain): http://ncaambb.arbit.../files/BR15.pdf

I think nitpicking sizes is partially justified, but mostly arbitrary and nothing more than nitpicking.. If anyone's ever ordered custom apparel, you know that they always contain disclaimers like "rendering for reference only, actual scaling will differ on final product" etc.. A guide for these would include the actual number/text size, so without that, we can't really judge..

I think nitpicking sizes is partially justified, but mostly arbitrary and nothing more than nitpicking.. If anyone's ever ordered custom apparel, you know that they always contain disclaimers like "rendering for reference only, actual scaling will differ on final product" etc.. A guide for these would include the actual number/text size, so without that, we can't really judge..

Yeah i wouldnt worry too much about sizes

The back number is so big that I feel it would almost touch the side panel detail (it would be outside of what the NCAA calls the "neutral zone"). I suggest you reduce the size of both the front and back numbers. Also, I think the stripe on the back that the player name is on is also a violation of the NCAA "neutral zone" uniform rule. Something to think about if it matters to you. Here's the rule:

Section 22. Uniforms (Game Jersey and Pants)

Art. 5. The neutral zone(s) of the game jersey shall be of the same single color. A tonal design effect is permitted within the neutral zone(s) provided the tonal shift is not more than 15 percent of any one shade of color.

Check out the rule book here (it has images to explain): http://ncaambb.arbit.../files/BR15.pdf

Wow. That's interesting. I might think about that but it is just a concept so I might just not worry about it. I'll see how it looks without it.

I will check to see how the concept looks with the numbers smaller, but, again, I may not worry about that.

Should the side panels on the away uniforms be "gray-red-gray" instead of "red-gray-red"? Or, is your intention to have the red be invisible and only see a single gray stripe?

I forgot to edit the side panel. Those colors will probably be switched to "gray-red-gray".

Just also add a white outline around the numbers and match the grays

Should I have all of the grays the same?

I made some changes with this concept. I decided to go with the lighter gray on everything and I also made the numbers a bit smaller. I'm not sure how the white outline would work so I'd like some feedback there. I decided not to change the gray behind the NOB since it is just a concept.

KTbwpgY.png

I also changed the white jersey so the grays match. SxpxWFt.png

not a fan of the lightened grey, it blends too much, i say change it back, thats my two cents

Yeah. It is a bit too light looking at it again. Do you think I should make the alternate completely dark gray? Or should I leave it light. I'd say light, but I'd like someone else's opinion too.

It's a nice start, but think about uniform continuity. Like you have the front grey panel just end at the sholder, how does that work? Or the colored backing of the nameplate appears to extend beneath the shoulders, but you don't see it on the side view at all.

It's a nice start, but think about uniform continuity. Like you have the front grey panel just end at the sholder, how does that work? Or the colored backing of the nameplate appears to extend beneath the shoulders, but you don't see it on the side view at all.

That's true. I will post a new version of each concept that fixes that problem AND follows NCAA rules.

I updated all three uniform concepts with the darker gray (except for outlines; home uniform NOB outline is mistake). I also moved the gray behind the name to behind the back logo. This is the same size as the front gray and flows through.dkiLX9R.pngeHeyIwg.pngtIE7Juo.png

I also created a new alternate that is dark gray with no outlines and "UNM" on the front instead of "LOBOS.

QucIaZ0.png

I agree on the back panel being too low and would look odd meeting with the front.

However, the top of the front and the back can be different colors, that's fine ... the jersey is often sewn right at the apex on the shoulder, so you could easily have two different colored sections sewn together.

Not that it matters since he changed it. =)

Please delete my account.

love the UMN alternate. i think now what this uniform needs is a solid font, it has the details but, the font isnt the greatest

Thanks. I'll try out some other font, but this is the actual font for UNM made by Conrad. I'm open to the idea though, so do you have any ideas for a font?

Download a bunch from conrad, and pick a cool one, thats what i do everytime

Yeah I did. I still actually like this one better, and it is actually the font for the Lobos. I like this font so I decided to keep it. Any other things you see that could be fixed?

Archived