UCFL -- (10 of 20 -- Columbus added 10/4)

levijeromeSF

For the away kit, maybe make the color the same color as that first White chevron, it might flow better, this series is great and love the work

Just updated the post. You were totally right -- the white collar definitely helps the kit flow better. Thanks for the feedback and kind words!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way that you could possibly post the brand books on Issuu if you get a chance? I saw the first one and all of the other ones are not showing when I go to the link for some reason. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

This is wonderful, I love the brand books idea! I've never seen anything quite like it! This may just be the incredibly selfish person I am, but the league has been going on for 10 yrs, I would love some of "These are their traditional colors" or "This is a drastic change from the so-and-so uniforms of last year." or "This third jersey is a throwback to when they win their division in *year*." Thanks for your consideration, Keep up the good work!

image.jpg.155faab7d9af838dcc16facded816fimage.jpg

All credit goes to their respective creators (Veras and hawkfan89)

image.jpg

This is wonderful, I love the brand books idea! I've never seen anything quite like it! This may just be the incredibly selfish person I am, but the league has been going on for 10 yrs, I would love some of "These are their traditional colors" or "This is a drastic change from the so-and-so uniforms of last year." or "This third jersey is a throwback to when they win their division in *year*." Thanks for your consideration, Keep up the good work!

That is a wonderful idea -- thank you! I have some of that stuff built in to the designs and overall idea, I just haven't really communicated it out. I can definitely add some of that stuff in for sure.

Is there any way that you could possibly post the brand books on Issuu if you get a chance? I saw the first one and all of the other ones are not showing when I go to the link for some reason. It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

No problem -- I added links to the books on Issuu to each of the posts. Let me know if you have any issues with the links.

That is a wonderful idea -- thank you! I have some of that stuff built in to the designs and overall idea, I just haven't really communicated it out. I can definitely add some of that stuff in for sure.

Looking forward to it! Thanks!

image.jpg.155faab7d9af838dcc16facded816fimage.jpg

All credit goes to their respective creators (Veras and hawkfan89)

image.jpg

No problem -- I added links to the books on Issuu to each of the posts. Let me know if you have any issues with the links.

Thank you so much! It finally works and let me just say that these are astounding to say the least. This is one of my new favorite series alongside dsaline's USBL!

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Working through Calgary as we speak and hoping to have it posted within the next few days. With work and the holiday/vacation, I haven't had as much time as I'd like to work on these but hoping to get the next round out soon.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

This looks crazy, I like Mexico City's the best so far. Can't wait to see how you do teams on the other continents (mainly Japan because I like Japan for some random reason)

I like the 'history book' type things it really helps with the Historic feel of the series.

I would like to see what teams have actually won the Continental Cups, I'm guessing mostly Europe and Brazil teams, but still wondering

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Wow guys, I am incredibly sorry for the crazy delay on my posting (and I hope you don't hold it against me). I didn't mean to almost a whole month without posting but work has been nuts and kept from logging on to the forums. Alas, I am back and posting the 5th team of the series...

Calgary Athletic Club

Check out the club brand book here: CAC Brand Book.

Or here if that link doesn't work: Issuu

Club History

When the owners of Calgary Athletic Club started the organization, the goal was to create a central group in Calgary that would fund and market not only a football team but other Olympic sports teams as well. Many fans criticized the plan fearing that the club would not invest as highly in the men’s football team since they would be balancing other endeavors and feared the club would fall into obscurity in the lower levels. The fear partly came true as the club spent the first five seasons at the bottom of the B league just barely above regulation, but a surprise run took the team to 2nd in 2010 and earned them their first promotion to the NACL. Although the team struggled mightily and were relegated back down the following year, both the fans and the owners got a taste of what top flight football could bring and the owners began creating a roster mix of stars just past their prime, and promising youngsters that were still developing. This combination led to another promotion in 2013 and this time, with veteran leadership, the club stayed up in 2014. Calgary is recently known for its impressive youth academy and seen as a club on the rise.

Club Stats

Seasons in NACL: 3 (2011, 2014-present)

Best League Finish: 15th Place (2014)

Continental Cup Berths: 0

Best Continental Cup Finish: NA

Current World Ranking: NA

Kits

Home: CAC traditionally wears maroon head to toe at home with diagonal stripes (varies by year) on the shirt.

Away: The away kit is the one that varies the most and has featured colors from the current all cream, to white, to black, and even pink one year.

Third: The third kit has remained virtually untouched for all 10 years (except for the cut and sponsor logos)

Template_CAC_zpsmff49fzl.jpg

4__zpshhtvae1z.jpg

9__zpsok5ckxns.jpg

19__zpsrixzw8to.jpg

Calgary is absolutely stunning. It especially looks really great in the brand book presentations. I think my favorite kit is the primary for sure, and I'm curious how striped socks would look on the cream clash (perhaps alternating black and cream) as a sort of carryover from the primary. Once again, an absolutely stellar package from top to bottom!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Calgary is absolutely stunning. It especially looks really great in the brand book presentations. I think my favorite kit is the primary for sure, and I'm curious how striped socks would look on the cream clash (perhaps alternating black and cream) as a sort of carryover from the primary. Once again, an absolutely stellar package from top to bottom!

I thought about striping the socks on the away (especially because black and cream stripes would look amazing I think), but ultimately chose against it because the rest of the kit is so clean that I didn't want to overpower it.

Thanks for your kind words -- glad you like!

This looks crazy, I like Mexico City's the best so far. Can't wait to see how you do teams on the other continents (mainly Japan because I like Japan for some random reason)

I like the 'history book' type things it really helps with the Historic feel of the series.

I would like to see what teams have actually won the Continental Cups, I'm guessing mostly Europe and Brazil teams, but still wondering

Thanks! My plan is to eventually post a book about the continental cup and its history ... but that is a ways down the road.

Here is the breakdown of which regions have won the cup (keep in mind that my model does not take into account real-life soccer histories and powers -- hence Europe has never won a Continental Cup):

Africa: 5

South America: 3

North America: 1

Asia/Pacific: 1

Europe: 0 (and have only made the final 1 time)

2005: Kinshasa

2006: Buenos Aires

2007: Qullasuyu

2008: Charlotte

2009: Medina

2010: Zanzibar

2011: Aregua

2012: Lagos

2013: Lagos

2014: Cape Town

Archived