Tony Stewart sued by Kevin Ward's Family

cubsfan2015

Just because he had THC in his system doesn't mean he was high when he was driving; it stays in your system for about a month after you toke.

One toke was not the level found in his system.

So? That has nothing to do with whether he was actually under the influence while driving

It doesn't matter whether or not you believe it. He chose to endanger others with his illegal drug use. Racing is bad enough, but the kid was stupid and used!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Just because he had THC in his system doesn't mean he was high when he was driving; it stays in your system for about a month after you toke.

One toke was not the level found in his system.

So? That has nothing to do with whether he was actually under the influence while driving

It doesn't matter whether or not you believe it. He chose to endanger others with his illegal drug use. Racing is bad enough, but the kid was stupid and used!

Is the use of marijuana REALLY an excuse to one in their death and excuse another as partially at fault?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/where-science-meets-the-steps/201411/ward-family-questions-raise-issues-us-all

The only thing publicly released about the THC in his system is that it was "enough to impair judgment", so it's not a stretch that people are coming down on Kevin Ward for that.

I watched the video for the first time since last year, and it is pretty unbelievable the way he was basically charging cars on the track. Regardless of whether or not he was under the influence of marijuana, his death is his own fault.

Glad the people on here understand that Ward is more at fault. I remember getting in arguments after it happened because people didn't realize that there wasn't much Stewart could do, if anything at all. It's hard to say that marijuana use played a factor, but if the amount in his system was "enough to impair judgement," then it's also hard to say it didn't. It's an unfortunate thing that happened, and definitely one of the craziest racing incidents I've heard of.

The only thing publicly released about the THC in his system is that it was "enough to impair judgment", so it's not a stretch that people are coming down on Kevin Ward for that.

I watched the video for the first time since last year, and it is pretty unbelievable the way he was basically charging cars on the track. Regardless of whether or not he was under the influence of marijuana, his death is his own fault.

Yeah, that's key. I understand testing for pot usage is flawed in that THC stays in your system for weeks after you last use, but I feel as if "enough to impair judgment" is code for "he was probably high while driving."

Again, that's not me coming down on pot usage. I just don't think it's a good idea to smoke the stuff right before getting behind the wheel of a racecar.

Archived