ECHL: Northern Nevada's Hockey Club

Silence of the Rams

Now when I saw the reno ice center project. I was actually surprised at the fact that anyone payed attention to the fact that reno was in the running for an ECHL franchise.

Now seeing that my recent software problems have including getting a new computer and my old one having a hard drive failure and my old computer setting on fire in the process time to start fresh.

Here's the specs

Team name: Reno Silver Bullets.

Colors: Silver, black, glow in the dark aqua.

Affiliates: San Jose (NHL), San Jose (AHL)

Arena: Lawlor Events Center

TV: CBS-2

Mascot: Pistol

Ice Girls name: The Hot Guns

Note that in this ordeal Allen is now the New Jersey Devils affiliate.

Also I will be posting a hand drawn sketch of the logos before I transfer and trace it.

aen0ox.jpg

C&C welcome

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, it seems really generic. Take out the 'Reno Silver Bullets' and it could be used for any team. If you really want to keep the 'Reno Silver Bullets', I'd move the 'Bullets' to the center, it seems really awkwardly thrown in as it stands. Lastly, why does the 'R' mark have three horns? And what's with the 2 and compass on the bottom? And maybe add a horn to the other side of the 'B' as well, it seems asymmetrical and I don't like it. As a whole, it's pretty solid.

Honestly, it seems really generic. Take out the 'Reno Silver Bullets' and it could be used for any team. If you really want to keep the 'Reno Silver Bullets', I'd move the 'Bullets' to the center, it seems really awkwardly thrown in as it stands. Lastly, why does the 'R' mark have three horns? And what's with the 2 and compass on the bottom? And maybe add a horn to the other side of the 'B' as well, it seems asymmetrical and I don't like it. As a whole, it's pretty solid.

The two is the local CBS station's logo

The r was supposed to be stylized but you are right. The more I look at it the more generic it does look so I will look into revamping it. I will center the word mark and make a massive revision and post that and then after its relatively perfect I'll trace it on inkscape and go from there.

Just to clear some stuff up: Reno's not in the running. They have a team ... kinda. Reno was supposed to be a WCHL expansion team eventually. They came to the ECHL with the other WCHL teams after the WCHL's demise and the Reno owner has been paying league dues ever since to maintain territorial rights.

As for the concept, it's pretty generic as said above, but it's not necessarily bad. I'd like to see what it looks like after being redrawn on a computer.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Just to clear some stuff up: Reno's not in the running. They have a team ... kinda. Reno was supposed to be a WCHL expansion team eventually. They came to the ECHL with the other WCHL teams after the WCHL's demise and the Reno owner has been paying league dues ever since to maintain territorial rights.

As for the concept, it's pretty generic as said above, but it's not necessarily bad. I'd like to see what it looks like after being redrawn on a computer.

First off ok I didn't know that first price of information. Also as said I will revise the initial hand drawing. I'm doing that first so I have a base to work with

I like this, but maybe just stick with the bullets. Also incorporate a bullet more, not a bull.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I like this, but maybe just stick with the bullets. Also incorporate a bullet more, not a bull.

The reason I chose the name is so I incorporate Nevada's silver state reputation. Also I tried to draw a bullet but it looked too much like a you know what to incorporate. Also I don't want the pc police on my back. I do however get what you are saying

35hi5w2.jpg

Here are the revisions

Not to sound mean, but that is a terrible color scheme. It screams 'Tacky future' rather than 'Nevada'. I'd use a brick red, orange, and silver color scheme rather than this.

http://renoghostriders.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ghostriders_logo.png

This is what I based the color scheme on

Also in no way did that sound mean

And finally I feel that the teal brings variety in an otherwise (no offense) too similar leauge

You know what this colour scheme is missing? a third accent colour, like the sharks have the burnt orange, why don't you go with a "Fluo" Magenta? Too tacky? Come one, be cheeky, it's Nevada!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I have a circus circus Reno night comming so I will be able to work it in

Also look for these promotional nights too

Frozen Night (for a kids charity so relax)

Reno Aces Night

Reno 911 Night

Reno Bighorns Night

Wolfpack Night

Barrett Jackson Night

50's night

And more

Am open to suggestions for these so any suggestions and or c&c is appreciated

Archived