Mason Patriots (GMU) University Athletics Rebrand

AAO

My alma-matter, graduating class of 2014. I'm particularly a Mason basketball fan; my freshmen year witnessed the Men's basketball Cinderella-story trip to the Final Four, in 2006. Unforgettable.

The current look, adopted in 2004, is passable for now, but as an ever-growing university presence in America, Mason Nation is certainly due for a refreshed athletic aesthetic.
See the link to a PDF below for a full presentation of the rebrand and its elements:

7fcadc32127179.567042d5537ff.png

f0bc0f32127179.567042d55493e.png

Very nice indeed. This was definitely needed, and its a really nice upgrade.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I concur about the neck, as Mr. Mason himself didn't have such a long neck. In fact, the figure depicted in the logo really doesn't look that much like George Mason himself. (See below.)

GeorgeMason-3.jpg

That said, the logo is fantastic, and changing up the neck, and making the face look more like G.M. would be awesome. I'd love to see some uniform concepts to go with the presentation.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Thanks all. They generally like to only go by "Mason." No GMU, no George Mason.

Stumpy, I know, it wasn't to be a perfect rendition of GM, just representative of an aggressive looking minuteman/patriot. I think I wrote in my description that it was to represent GM himself, but I might adjust that sentence.

Archived