AC Milan - Crest refresh

unifaun1973

Hey there,

the Serie A, Italian major soccer league, started again last weekend and while watching some of the games I couldn't avoid to notice how AC Milan crest look outdated compared to some others (e.g. Juventus or Inter Milan) which have been updated in the recent past.

It just feel a bit too corporate (in a bad way) and blocky (probably the last time it's been updated was during the '80s).
I've decided to give it a try and put together a quick presentation, also highlighting some of the issues I tried to fix.

As usual, feedbacks are really welcome.

Cheers

02_AC-Milan---New-logo.png

03_AC-Milan---New-logo---comparison.png

03_AC-Milan---New-logo---details.png

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Is it just me or are the vertical stripes and bowed a little bit on the central portion to give the illusion of a three dimensional image? If so I love it!

Yes they are :D

...and thanks.

Looks pretty good. I would move "1899" a little more to the left because it looks off-center although it might be centered correctly. 

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

19 minutes ago, Aggie12 said:

I really like the update although I think there is a mistake, the old crest has three red stripes and two black and the new one you have has two red and three black

Hi there,

the reason why I changed the succession of black and red stripes was to balance the colors in the middle of the crest: as the Comune di Milano flag is the red cross on white background I thought I should use more black in the other half of the central circle.
I did a quick research online to find out if there is any reason there are 6 stripes (3 red and 3 black) in the current crest but couldn't find any information on that. If anyone knows that would help.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Xamboni said:

Looks like a homerun to me. Great work. I noticed you borrowed a bit from both Inter and Juventus in your design. Very cool work.

Thanks,

and yes, I took inspiration from both Inter Milan and especially Juventus recent redesign.
I kind of think that with the new ownership it will not be long before AC Milan will go into some sort of rebranding process.

This is good. Like really good. I just don't like that the stripes and the cross are curved inside the circle. But I don't like that on Juventus' current crest either.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

9 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

This is good. Like really good. I just don't like that the stripes and the cross are curved inside the circle. But I don't like that on Juventus' current crest either.

I see what he was doing here -- look at the proposed new crest...

new-ac-milan-logo-2016-17-4.jpg

1 hour ago, scouserduke said:

I see what he was doing here -- look at the proposed new crest...

Apparently that's some kind of fake which came out early this summer.
Whoever did that used the logo of "Casa Milan" realised by Fabio Novembre to mockup a new crest.

In my opinion that needs some work.

Archived