RoughRiders99

Which league has the best, most consistent team logos?

What I mean by that is which league has the best logos across all of its teams? Like out of 30 teams there's only 5 good logos while another league could have 20 good logos out of 30, etc.

insert name    1,326

Probably NHL. The only logos I really don't care for are the Capitals and Kings. I'm fine with everything else.Yeah, some of these teams had better logos in the past but what they got now isn't too bad. I could live with it. 

2016-17-NHL-Logo-Power-Rankings.png

MEANS    161

I think it's pretty close between the NHL and NFL. Clean simple bold across both leagues. MLB would be next with NBA far behind.....

(off topic) man those rankings of the NHL logos sure have some head scratchers...the Capitals are better than those five logos??? I like the Penguins logo but #1??? more like 5-15 area.

rjrrzube    15

I'd say NFL only because they're all (mostly all) designed to be slapped on the side of a helmet and readable from a distance. That invites simplification, and that generally makes a great logo, versus an illustration.

But frankly, some of those NHL logos also would look great on a helmet!

CreamSoda    1,160
23 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

I'd say NFL only because they're all (mostly all) designed to be slapped on the side of a helmet and readable from a distance. That invites simplification, and that generally makes a great logo, versus an illustration.

But frankly, some of those NHL logos also would look great on a helmet!

Many of these NHL logos are on a helmet, and they are much smaller than an NFL helmet logo.

WavePunter    668
7 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Many of these NHL logos are on a helmet, and they are much smaller than an NFL helmet logo.

Smaller, but the fans are much closer, so it's fairly comparable.. And the hockey helmet is  not the team's primary identifier as it is in football..