Olympics question

smzimbabwe

So I'm looking over the hockey rosters for various teams I generally root for, and something just popped in my head. Haven't heard anything in a while, but is Alex Ovechkin going to carry out his plan to play in these Olympics no matter what the Capitals of NHL say?

2 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

So I'm looking over the hockey rosters for various teams I generally root for, and something just popped in my head. Haven't heard anything in a while, but is Alex Ovechkin going to carry out his plan to play in these Olympics no matter what the Capitals of NHL say?

I don't have a link handy, but I remember hearing on the Puck Podcast that he backed off his stance. He's not playing.

On 2018-01-24 at 11:44 PM, smzimbabwe said:

It doesn’t matter. Russia’s been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics over doping. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

It doesn’t matter. Russia’s been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics over doping. 

Sort of. There will be a lot of "Olympic Athletes from Russia" participating. The "ban" is pretty flimsy.

17 minutes ago, RichO said:

Sort of. There will be a lot of "Olympic Athletes from Russia" participating. The "ban" is pretty flimsy.

No, it's not. The Russian athletes who are competing are the ones who (as far as anyone can tell) didn't dope.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived