MLB changes I'd love to see

YYCB

Just thought I'd post some ideas for some MLB teams that I feel have really missed the boat on having some sweet unis. I think the Padres are an obvious one so I'm starting with them. It's a throwback obviously, but with a few alterations/updates that I hope look nice. Cheers!

PADRES.jpg

Another no-brainer (IMHO) is Tampa Bay. Honestly, you have one of the coolest animals in the world and you switch your branding to a starburst? And a crappy one at that! I'm not sure I love this design but I know I like it better than what they have today.

Tbay.jpg

Re-working the Marlins is like shooting fish in a barrel (pun intended). Much like Tampa Bay, they had a cool animal logo and then they went and ruined it. Plus, they started out with a nice color scheme and then completely buggered that up too. Note: In next iteration I'll probably do a second cap style.

marlins.jpg

These are all really nice! All of these sets would be big improvements over what these teams currently wear. 

One thing I'm not big on with Miami is the road script not matching the home one. And could we see close-ups of your Rays and Marlins logos?

14 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

These look great!

Just an FYI but MLB guidelines do not permit white undersleeves. 

Thanks for the reminder! I believe it was because of the Oakland A's? Something about the ball being hard to pick up off the pitchers sleeve.

7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

These are all really nice! All of these sets would be big improvements over what these teams currently wear. 

One thing I'm not big on with Miami is the road script not matching the home one. And could we see close-ups of your Rays and Marlins logos?

You're right about the Miami script - I'll try to update that when I have some time. Here is the closeup...

closeup.jpg

Wow, that is a fantastic Rockies set! One of the best I've seen.

I like what you did with Philadelphia too, using just the "P" across all three jerseys. It's a strong logo so it works. One suggestion I have is to replace the dark blue/navy with powder blue so there's better contrast with the maroon. And maybe add double outlines to the front numbers on the alt for consistency, too.

Keep up the great work!

Archived