Alps Hockey League Rebrand (7/17: HC Gherdeina)

Der Kaiser

Here's my take on the Alps Hockey League (AHL). Although the league is only three years old, it already felt outdated. So I updated the league's logo, along with a rebrand of the teams. I'm trying to keep as close to the original logos as I can.

league6.png

Starting with EC Bregenzerwald:

bregenzerwald_home.png

bregenzerwald_road.png

Old logo:

EHC-Bregenzerwald-AlpsHL.jpg

Thanks to @Pulv! for the great idea!

It's interesting to see how your take differs so strongly from Pulv's!

Really solid update of the current Bregenzerwald logo; a lot cleaner. Jerseys look quite clean, too. I might switch the shoulder and main logos, or use only the roundel, though.

That league logo is really great! Will it always be in B&W, or will you recolor it for the different teams?

Good work!

• 2 weeks later...

More improvements here!

Kitzbuhel's jerseys are good, and the logo is a good start, but the head is too big and the wings are way too short for an eagle.

Milan looks beautiful! Perfect logo edit; the new font makes a huge difference. I could see this as the iconic uniform of the league!

Sterzing is interesting; it looks like a well-done Dallas Mavericks hockey crossover. I like the silver stripe and the font. However, the logo is a slight downgrade, cuz it reads less horse-like. The snout is way too skinny, and it needs a mane.

That Pustertal uniform set is a lot of fun, all that needs is a single hem-stripe. The logo looks clean, but I can't tell what kind of animal it's supposed to be.

Really great uniforms; just need to do some proportion edits to the logos!

On 10/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, Der Kaiser said:

Here's my take on the Alps Hockey League (AHL). Although the league is only three years old, it already felt outdated. So I updated the league's logo, along with a rebrand of the teams. I'm trying to keep as close to the original logos as I can.

league2.png

Starting with EC Bregenzerwald:

bregenzerwald_home.png

bregenzerwald_road.png

Old logo:

EHC-Bregenzerwald-AlpsHL.jpg

Thanks to @Pulv! for the great idea!

Really love how you simplified the logo.

The one thing that always left me puzzled with many European clubs is how they have uniforms in colours that don't match their logos.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

On 11/20/2018 at 12:51 PM, Der Kaiser said:

Thanks for the feedback, @vtgco! I updated Sterzing and Pustertal.

logos_neu2.png

I would only have the mane on one side of the horse (probably the right side of it to match the flow of the top part between the ears).  With both sides it looks like an emo kid.

Archived