MLB Style Guide

MDesign

I've searched on this topic and didn't see anything about it; so I'm wondering how you get access to the MLB Style Guide. I've got access to the NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB media sites but of course I would like access to the Style Guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

If it's any consolation, I'm doing this for an undergraduate paper on how our own evolution is transfered through our art. So it's not just logos but the Style Guide would help alot.

Thanks Again.

Is there a certain department I have to email or something specific I have to say? Thanks.

Probably MLB Properties, but they are extremely strict about access. You basically have to be a licensee, work for a club, or get lucky like I did.

The NFL and MLB have VERY tight reigns on this stuff.

Hey, PANTONE, what about the NBA and NHL?

Are they tight as a drum, as well?

The NBA's a little better, although I've had to explain myself to the guys that run the site, and now I have a contact in the Properties division who is helping me out with even more stuff than you can get online.

The NHL is somewhat of a mystery to me...I have a contact who supplies me with logos on a regular basis, but actual Style Guide files are really scarce.

Here's a little-known story that might explain why I have such paranoia about sharing what I have:

About two years ago, I got the name of someone who used to produce the NBA Style Guides for the league and the teams. This person had BOAT-LOADS of older logo and uniform stuff just sitting around in boxes. I contacted this person, and she got me in contact with the higher-ups in the NBA front office - to get written permission to have this stuff released to me. I talked to this NBA front office person, explained my interest in this information, and the league sent over a contract for me to sign. I signed it, sent it back, and waited. About two days later, I got a call at home from someone else in the NBA front office...it turns out that someone tipped them off that I had the - at the time - unreleased Memphis Grizzlies colors in my Team Colors listings on the SSUR. They weren't real happy about it. I took them down immediately, and then found out that the NBA wasn't going to release the Style Guide stuff to me, because of their increasing paranoia about having logo and uniform information leaked. I blew it. Never got the stuff. I may try again in a while, but I sure learned my lesson.

Is there a certain department I have to email or something specific I have to say? Thanks.

Probably MLB Properties, but they are extremely strict about access. You basically have to be a licensee, work for a club, or get lucky like I did.

Like what PANTONE said, unless you are a member of an acredited media outlet, a licensee or a high-ranking member of a team's staff, you're not getting access.

They will not return e-mails, phone calls or anything else in regards to gaining access, even for "research projects."

PANTONE has access because he has a gods-honest research website for guys like you writing papers in college. Use his site as a source, grab the JPEGs from Sportslogos.net or LogoServer and move on.

The odds of ALL of these leagues giving you vector artwork is the same as the Astros taking the next four games....

Cards.png

QUOTE (PANTONE @ Wednesday, October 26th, 2005 - 13:17:32)

QUOTE (MDesign @ Wednesday, October 26th, 2005 - 11:08:54)

Like what PANTONE said, unless you are a member of an acredited media outlet, a licensee or a high-ranking member of a team's staff, you're not getting access.

They will not return e-mails, phone calls or anything else in regards to gaining access, even for "research projects."

PANTONE has access because he has a gods-honest research website for guys like you writing papers in college. Use his site as a source, grab the JPEGs from Sportslogos.net or LogoServer and move on.

The odds of ALL of these leagues giving you vector artwork is the same as the Astros taking the next four games....

Oh, brother... you mean to tell me MLB won't hook up a college kid doing a "reasearch project" on baseball uniforms (Like all college kids these days do), but they'll give it to PANTONE so he can sell it to college kids doing "research projects" on baseball uniforms? Yeah, I see that.

Or are you not talking about SSUR? If not, I'll retract my sarcasm :-)

Oh, brother... you mean to tell me MLB won't hook up a college kid doing a "reasearch project" on baseball uniforms (Like all college kids these days do), but they'll give it to PANTONE so he can sell it to college kids doing "research projects" on baseball uniforms? Yeah, I see that.

Or are you not talking about SSUR? If not, I'll retract my sarcasm :-)

First of all, I don't sell any of this stuff to anyone.

Secondly, I have access through someone with one of the teams. I'll leave it at that.

Secondly, I have access through someone with one of the teams. I'll leave it at that.

So you're none of the above three? (a member of an acredited media outlet, a licensee or a high-ranking member of a team's staff). Sounds like that Bud Light commercial: "I have dated, Carmen Electra's, Cousin's, Friend's, Sister."

So you're none of the above three? (a member of an acredited media outlet, a licensee or a high-ranking member of a team's staff). Sounds like that Bud Light commercial: "I have dated, Carmen Electra's, Cousin's, Friend's, Sister."

Yeah...what's your point?

The bottom line is, you need to be qualified by some means for access, or just get lucky, like I did.

And no - I'm sure as hell not going to share my access with anyone, and because this site (sportslogos.net) has a pretty bad rap with the major leagues (believe it!), I'm not inclined to be careless in divulging anything.

I have to be careful if I'm going to continue the SSUR.

Yeah...what's your point?

I think you made your own point by saying you're not a qualified user. You've got hundreds of posters here thinking you're some big insider, when you're only the friend of an insider.

The man gets the info.

He's more insider than most anyone else on the boards.

Please, show respect.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived