LOGOLYMPIAD: Event #7

winters in buffalo

EVENT 7: Sports-related product

We're halfway there!

Design a collectible trading card set for any sports league that is no longer in existence (whether through folding or merger). Your entry should include 3 cards, showing 3 different players from that era who each played for different teams. If teams from that league are still in existence today, you may not use those teams.

DEADLINE: Thursday, September 7. 8:00 PM EDT

As a reminder:

Entries must be emailed to wib_logolympiad@yahoo.com prior to the deadline. Subject line should be the Event number. Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. File name format is: event#_yourname.jpg (Ex: event2_wintersinbuffalo.jpg)

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image, unless otherwise stated. I will not re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it?s right.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ?d.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

So no defunct teams from leagues that are still around?

correct. the league has to be extinct

So the 1972-1979 WHA is off-limits?

It should still work. The original post said that the league couldn't exist anymore, but you can still do teams from that league even if a few teams are still around. You just can't use the teams that are still in existance. So the Oilers, for example would be off-limits if you did the WHA.

WiB, if I'm wrong please say so.

So no defunct teams from leagues that are still around?

correct. the league has to be extinct

So the 1972-1979 WHA is off-limits?

It should still work. The original post said that the league couldn't exist anymore, but you can still do teams from that league even if a few teams are still around. You just can't use the teams that are still in existance. So the Oilers, for example would be off-limits if you did the WHA.

WiB, if I'm wrong please say so.

Correct.

are we supposed to show the "back" of the cards?

and if so, will we be docked for inaccurate stats?

No. Just the front.

Could we do it from a fictional league? Like from a movie or television show?

No. Thereare more than enough real leagues to work from.

I have one too. tongue.gif

Most card sets have a manufacturer's mark... can we use an existing one for these cards?

Use one, or make your own. The design of the card is what's key here.

Okay, so if I wanted to do the AFL (american football) from the 60's I could only use teams that don't exist today?

Like would it be okay if I used the Houston Oilers, Los Angeles Chargers and New York Titans? Or would the Chargers be off limits because they're still the Chargers just in San Diego, and would I not be able to do the Titans because they're now the New York Jets?

What if I wanted to use the Dallas Texans? Or what about the Boston Patriots?

What constitutes as an allowed team and a non-allowed team?

Okay, so if I wanted to do the AFL (american football) from the 60's I could only use teams that don't exist today?

Like would it be okay if I used the Houston Oilers, Los Angeles Chargers and New York Titans? Or would the Chargers be off limits because they're still the Chargers just in San Diego, and would I not be able to do the Titans because they're now the New York Jets?

OK, to keep it simple:

Allowed: Teams that either folded, moved to a new market, or have changed team names since the league went under.

Not allowed: Teams that still exist in the same market, with the same team name.

OK, to keep it simple:

Allowed: Teams that either folded, moved to a new market, or have changed team names since the league went under.

Not allowed: Teams that still exist in the same market, with the same team name.

Thank you, that makes it VERY EASY!!

Archived