Indoor Football League

Brian in Boston

The Intense Football League and United Indoor Football have officially merged operations. The new circuit is named the Indoor Football League.

doc48936f7a17d22882504675.jpg

Alaska Wild

Billings Outlaws

Bloomington Extreme

CenTex Barracudas

Colorado Ice

Corpus Christi Hammerheads

Fairbanks Grizzlies

Frisco Thunder

Katy Ruff Riders

Louisiana Swashbucklers

Odessa Roughnecks

Omaha Beef

River City Rage

San Angelo Stampede Express

Sioux City Bandits

Sioux Falls Storm

Wichita Wild

hmmm, wasn't there a league by that name before it merged with AF2?

It wasn't a merger, so much as a purchase/forcible annexation of the league by the Orlando Predators. And they only (ultimately) kept 4 markets. That said, in the old UIF case many of the markets were old Indoor Football League markets, so the moniker makes sense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If memory serves me, the old Indoor Football League was the circuit comprised of such teams as the...

Bismarck Blaze

Black Hills Machine

Billings Thunderbolts

Casper Cavalry

Dayton Skyhawks

Duluth-Superior Lumberjacks

Erie Invaders

Fargo Freeze

Flint Flames

Green Bay Bombers

Johnstown Jackals

LaCrosse RiverRats

Lincoln Lightning

Madison Mad Dogs

Minnesota Purple Rage

Peoria Pirates

Sioux City Attack

Sioux Falls Cobras

Steel Valley Smash

Topeka Knights

Wichita Warlords

I'm sure I missed a few, but those were the teams that leapt to mind.

Also, I'm pretty sure that only the Lincoln, Peoria and Wichita (as the Stealth) franchises moved on and actually played in af2. As for new IFL teams with ties to the old IFL, I think that today's Billings Outlaws, Sioux City Bandits and Sioux Falls Storm are the old Billings Thunderbolts, Sioux City Attack and Sioux Falls Cobras.

hmmm, wasn't there a league by that name before it merged with AF2?

It wasn't a merger, so much as a purchase/forcible annexation of the league by the Orlando Predators. And they only (ultimately) kept 4 markets. That said, in the old UIF case many of the markets were old Indoor Football League markets, so the moniker makes sense.

Ah yes, it was a buyout. Now that I read this, it does makes sense that it takes back the IFL name.

baltimoreravens.png

If memory serves me, the old Indoor Football League was the circuit comprised of such teams as the...

Bismarck Blaze

Black Hills Machine

Billings Thunderbolts

Casper Cavalry

Dayton Skyhawks

Erie Invaders

Fargo Freeze

Flint Flames

Green Bay Bombers

Johnstown Jackals

LaCrosse RiverRats

Lincoln Lightning

Madison Mad Dogs

Minnesota Purple Rage

Peoria Pirates

Sioux City Attack

Sioux Falls Cobras

Steel Valley Smash

Topeka Knights

Wichita Warlords

Also, I'm pretty sure that only the Lincoln, Peoria and Wichita (as the Stealth) franchises moved on and actually played in af2. As for new IFL teams with ties to the old IFL, I think that today's Billings Outlaws, Sioux City Bandits and Sioux Falls Storm are the old Billings Thunderbolts, Sioux City Attack and Sioux Falls Cobras.

From what I read online once, the Green Bay Blizzard exist as a result of the merger deal as well...even if they didn't start right away.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From what I read online once, the Green Bay Blizzard exist as a result of the merger deal as well...even if they didn't start right away.

Hmmmm... I'd never heard that. I'd always understood that the Green Bay Bombers folded after the 2000 IFL season and that a new - and wholly separate - ownership group secured an af2 spot for the Green Bay Blizzard in time for the 2003 season.

Bismarck Blaze

Black Hills Machine

Billings Thunderbolts

Casper Cavalry

Dayton Skyhawks

Erie Invaders

Fargo Freeze

Flint Flames

Green Bay Bombers

Johnstown Jackals

LaCrosse RiverRats

Lincoln Lightning

Madison Mad Dogs

Minnesota Purple Rage

Peoria Pirates

Sioux City Attack

Sioux Falls Cobras

Steel Valley Smash

Topeka Knights

Wichita Warlords

As the first Equipment Manager in Blizzard history I can say in complete certainty that they did not begin their existence because of that. The original operator of the team was a football fan, liked Arena Football and thought that it would be a good investment. So that's why they exist today. On a side note, I helped in the design of the original unis and helmets. Just thought that y'all should know.

dodgers-1.png

I know this isn't intentional, Scrim, but clicking on your link tells the whole story.

"We're sorry, but something went wrong.

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

how fitting...the bad news turns out to be no news :D (as is probably obvious, i didn't click on it beforehand, i found it in a post at indoor football fan.)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Intense Football League and United Indoor Football have officially merged operations. The new circuit is named the Indoor Football League.

doc48936f7a17d22882504675.jpg

Alaska Wild

Billings Outlaws

Bloomington Extreme

CenTex Barracudas

Colorado Ice

Corpus Christi Hammerheads

Fairbanks Grizzlies

Frisco Thunder

Katy Ruff Riders

Louisiana Swashbucklers

Odessa Roughnecks

Omaha Beef

River City Rage

San Angelo Stampede Express

Sioux City Bandits

Sioux Falls Storm

Wichita Wild

1) They're not making Alaska and/or Wichita change their nickname? Is this going to be another of those Milwaukee/Norfolk Admirals deals?

2) Colorado Ice? This is football we're talking about, not another hockey bush league... right?

3) Evidently the San Angelo franchise couldn't make up their mind which nickname to use, so they just used both of them? It's like the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim", only in reverse.

4) WTF is a team called the Barracudas doing deep in the heart of Texas (i.e. nowhere near an ocean)?

5) Last, but certainly not least, I see the worst-branded team in all of pro sports, the Omaha Beef ("they're what's for dinner"), are alive and well and moving to the new league. That gust of wind coming out of Des Moines is the Iowa Chops breathing a sigh of relief.

in semi-related news, just when you thought the Niffle was, once and for all, dead, tickets are on sale for the 2009 season

*populace runs for its lives*

Alas, there's almost nowhere left to run, at least nowhere that doesn't have an inanely branded team in one of these other indoor football leagues:

American Indoor Football League

Continental Indoor Football League

CCSLC signature.png

Archived