Amarillo Venom - IFL

thinkkre8tiv

Because of legal issues with the AFL owning the rights and trademarks for the Amarillo Dusters the team management decided to hold a competition to name the new team. The result is the Amarillo Venom. For some reason however I feel like I have seen this logo before. So can someone help me out here in this??

Here is the new Amarillo Venom.

17033_291681902902_544742902_3400315_7249222_n.jpg

Flynnagain.com designed the Amarillo Dusters previous brand.

3069841dd5e78a2f45a61fdc75368998.300.jpg

Then 2 years ago the team management decided to recolor the team into red and black. I assume this is when the new ownership took over.

amarillo.jpg

This could have also been completed to match the local CHL hockey team here the Amarillo Gorillas. Which rarely uses the complete logo now.

amarillo_gorillas_2003.gif

newheader_01.png

I see it Bart - I also think the one you posted is a much better execution.

The similarities are obvious, but the two are quite distinct from one another. Basic issues of shape and form, along with most of the details, make these clearly different treatments.

And here's another very impressed vote for your reworking of the logo. Vastly superior, and an example of how tweaking just a few details can make the difference between adequate and awesome.

20082614447.png

The similarities are obvious, but the two are quite distinct from one another. Basic issues of shape and form, along with most of the details, make these clearly different treatments.

And here's another very impressed vote for your reworking of the logo. Vastly superior, and an example of how tweaking just a few details can make the difference between adequate and awesome.

BallWonk... I did not design this.

BallWonk... I did not design this.

I know. I meant my "you" in the second paragraph to refer to 1stDownCreative.

This is what pronouns with unclear referents will get you!

20082614447.png

I like the new logo, but agree with the poster who said the word Venom should be white with red tips - either that or the tips could be white with red at the very bottom simulating blood dripping off.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived