Triple-A Baseball National Championship Logo

Burmy

The field looks like it's off-center.

Is that Featured Item for the "National Championship 2012" font? Jets are using that. I like it, good font.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It just has an entirely incomplete feel to it. And that Copperplate "Triple-A" looks so last-minute tacked on. It doesn't even bother me so much that it's Copperplate; the type is just too plain compared to the rest of the logo. Anyone could have added that in Paint, for example. It adds to the incompleteness.

Agree with the "incomplete" feel. I really like the idea of using the Right field "Bull" signage as it ties it to the team and ballpark at once. The National Championship is font, I believe it a freeware font. Which is fine, but just a bit amateur. I do like the idea of the striped grass, but the colors contrast too much, and the Copperplate leaves a bit to be desired.

It's certainly a great start, but could use some tweaks. The corporate aspect just kills it as well from a purist standpoint.

The really need to drop the "national championship" thing. Triple A World Series, or just Triple A Championship sounds better and more appropriate than "national championship", which makes it sound very amateurish.

FSU2.gif

I don't understand why they don't do some sort of AAA World Series at the participating teams' parks. It could be best-of-five in a 2-3 format, with the team whose league wins the all-star game (if they must keep that) choosing between hosting games 1/2 or 3/4/5.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I don't understand why they don't do some sort of AAA World Series at the participating teams' parks. It could be best-of-five in a 2-3 format, with the team whose league wins the all-star game (if they must keep that) choosing between hosting games 1/2 or 3/4/5.

Probably money. The minor league clubs probably don't make enough money to travel back and forth across the country to make a series like that work. I'm sure the big league clubs don't want to shell out the cash required to make the travel happen for a bunch of farm team players. Plus a single game saves time at a point in the major league season when rosters expand and AAA empties out into the parent clubs. I don't know a whole lot about the baseball operations side of things, but my guess is that a team would rather have their top AAA players getting time in the majors than playing in the Tostitos Triple A Baseball GoDaddy.com National Championship Extravaganza Presented by Gildan, made possible by MLB 2K12 The Show, the Road to the Majors, only for Playstation 3. Dot com.

That's my guess anyway.

So far as that logo goes: the dominant color ends up being black, which they've fortunately used in two different shades (really, guys?). The mowing stripes on the ball field just look goofy without the whole field being present, and Durham doesn't have a distinct enough field to be recognizable using solely the far third of the outfield (if they're using a generic outfield, who uses an outfield as part of a logo? Why not just use a conventional, recognizable diamond? Maybe if they had something crazy shaped like Houston's or Anaheim's or something...). Too many fonts, the bottom third of the logo is a cluttered mess and... just... ugh. Awful.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived