2017 World Baseball Classic (USA is WBC Champion, 2021 Bracket on bottom of Page 9)

RoughRiders99

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them all except for Colombia. It feels like anything but Colombia right now. I don't know why, but when I think Colombia I don't think red.

Yeah, they kinda look clown-y to me right now. I might swap out the red for blue. We'll see how others react to the set.

Sounds good. Weird that It always seems to be 1 team in each batch that gets ripped, eh?

I don't think it's weird because in each batch, there's always at least one "bad" set, even if it still is a nice set. People just have to rip on the worst one. It's kinda an unavoidable, mental one.

Almost like the movies. The negative reviews are more vocal than the good ones. If there's 4 movies and of them are rated 9/10 and one is 8/10, people will still rip on the 8/10 movie.

Make sense?

I like them all except for Colombia. It feels like anything but Colombia right now. I don't know why, but when I think Colombia I don't think red.

Yeah, they kinda look clown-y to me right now. I might swap out the red for blue. We'll see how others react to the set.

Sounds good. Weird that It always seems to be 1 team in each batch that gets ripped, eh?

I don't think it's weird because in each batch, there's always at least one "bad" set, even if it still is a nice set. People just have to rip on the worst one. It's kinda an unavoidable, mental one.

Almost like the movies. The negative reviews are more vocal than the good ones. If there's 4 movies and of them are rated 9/10 and one is 8/10, people will still rip on the 8/10 movie.

Make sense?

Man, that's deep right there.

I like Mexico, also have liked Sweden since first look.

My complaints are in a lack of a yellow and a blue jersey for Colombia, and this Script for Germany is nothing more than awful. I'd try with something Gothic or Fraktur, using the German Traditional typography school. Something like:

fette-trump-deutsch_11368.png

Don't worry guys. This thread isn't dead. It's just that I do have a life outside this forum, so I'm sure you understand! Right now I've fixed Colombia and will post the update quite soon, and I'll start working on the next pool/qualifier tonight! Not sure when those will be up, it'll be in a few days. No later than Tuesday, I promise.

Like one or two guys said already, Colombia isn't exactly a "red" country, so I gave them a little more blue based on several google images that I've found.

But I can still see Colombia having some variety of colors in their set, so I gave them a white, gray, red, blue AND yellow tops so they can have some options to work with.

quMy3Y0.jpg

xDbZ6DH.jpg

1) Panama

In the Qualifying Rounds of the 2013 WBC, Panama made it all the way to the finals before getting upset by Brazil, losing 1-0. They’ll get another shot at the WBC in their own home country at the Rod Carew Stadium in Panama City. Marino Rivera will be the manager for Panama.

c3tsXBz.jpg

2) Spain

They surprised everybody by making it to the World Baseball Classic First Round in 2013, but they couldn’t manage any wins against the powerful teams of Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. They will hold the number two seed.

M2BII7z.jpg

3) Great Britain

Great Britain went 1-2 in the Qualifying Rounds of the 2013 WBC, defeating the Czech Republic and losing to Canada and Germany. With several new players with England heritage, they should be a stronger team then.

u1n5Fys.jpg

4) Greece

The Greece had a powerful showing in Sub-Qualifier C, going undefeated behind the strong pitching, with the Cubs’ farmhand Mark Nikolaou* and completely dominating Russia in the Sub-Qualifier C Finals, winning 14-1.

BLD40tp.jpg

* - Fictional. Just throwing in Greece names for fun.

sS9dKz4.jpg

The next pool will contain Australia, South Africa and New Zealand and the winner of Sub-Qualifier D.

EDIT: Fixed a minor mistake in one of the brackets.

EDIT 2: Updated Great Britain. Added lion logo to the set.

I love the primary logo for Great Britain but I do think they need the whole name on their jerseys instead of just "Britain". At least your colors look a whole lot better than their set for this last WBC (by which I mean the cap is the same color as the blue on the jersey). The UK is one of the few national entities that utilizes navy blue in their uniforms as well so that might help break up all the teams with royal blue. As is, they kinda look like the Cubs but with navy they'd probably look like the Yankees, so I suppose it goes many ways.

I'm also favoring an opinion that Spain needs a touch of blue in their alternate road jersey. Maybe a blue top instead. I wish they'd use the red and gold more as a primary set in all of their national uniforms but they do love to throw in blue in just about everything. Maybe as a braid/piping or the outline to some of their lettering.

Look at us offering suggestions when it's your creativity at its finest!

Archived