When did teams start painting their logo behind home plate?

csura999

It's a better way of having a logo on the field for baseball rather than plastering it centre field like the other three major sports.

I always like when the groundskeepers put the logo at center field like this:

alds-rays-red-sox-baseball.jpg

Groundscrew mowing art is awesome.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

It's a better way of having a logo on the field for baseball rather than plastering it centre field like the other three major sports.

This needs to be a topic of its own! I've always loved that and am actaully excited to see if they do anything "Minnesota" for Target Field's Center Field for the All Star game.

This needs to be a topic of its own! I've always loved that and am actaully excited to see if they do anything "Minnesota" for Target Field's Center Field for the All Star game.

The Rays have a blue starburst in the middle of their outfield. This is the best picture I can find. It looks much larger in person.

25ewbxv.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98399-grounds-crew-art/

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Now I do like the grass cut that way, but what I was saying was that having it painted in full colours in centre field would not look good.

But yeah, absolutely love grass patterns, sometimes I wish it would make it's way to soccer.

Archived