Profile Information

• Title
    what the hell is ccslc?
  • Interests
    Sports.

Recent Profile Visitors

43,699 profile views

Sport's Achievements

1. And the opening credits to Saved by the Bell were way more 80's-coded anyways. Drives me nuts when a minor league baseball team does 90's night and they go with something like Memphis Milano or Contempo Eclectic. I guess it was still around, but that's not the defining aesthetic of the times. There's a post going around social media that's like "When did the 90's actually begin and end?" and my answer is when T2 came out in 1991 and it ended with our response to 9/11. So when I picture the 90's I think of those years, which is a lot of early 90's Bugle Boy ass s***, but mostly it's grunge, coffee house, and Frasurbane. Browns, tans, mustards, muted greens, darker reds. Autumnal colors. To put it in sports uniform terms, the 90's were the Milwaukee Brewers Motre Bame unis and the Sonics green, gold, and red unis.
  2. Their kitchen chairs were like this and the mirror and table in the front hallway were very similar too. Brushed nickel metal everything. It was a very cold, unwelcoming, not homey environment. It was a little more industrial than the set on Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but it felt a lot like this. His parents were older and his dad did something in the coffee business, had a pilot's license, and owned a small airplane that he would use for business. My dad would always put "Coffee" in air quotes whenever he talked about him. No idea what happened to that kid or his parents.
  3. The Stars have been the most quietly good team for the last five years, including 2019 when they were a goal away from eliminating eventual cup champ St. Louis. I just can't ever be arsed to have an opinion about them. Jamie Benn is an airhead and Tyler Seguin is...also an airhead. Who's their best defenseman? A no-nonsense Fin. Snooze. I'll be pulling for the Oilers. The Stars have had a :censored: of a first two rounds and eventually it'll catch up to them. In the Former Blue Jackets Bowl I'll probably find myself pulling for the Rangers, but I really have nothing against the Panthers. With all of the Penguins, Red Wings, Bruins, Hurricanes, Lightning, Blackhawks, Kings, or Golden Knights it'll be a relatively stress free conference finals from this hockey fan and that almost never happens when you hate too many teams like I do.
  4. Thank you for sharing. It's good to have terms for these things I've felt, but couldn't quite put a button on. Like Corporate Memphis is the name of the style I've hated this whole time. Or like being a kid in the 90's and never really vibing with whimsicraft Also fun to know now that the way my friend's weird mom decorated their house in the 90's was called whimsigothic. Everything in his house was pointy, dark, and uncomfortable.
  5. ESPN 2/ Danny Boyle Core. A 19 year old graphic designer who works in the athletic department for a university could do numbers on twitter right now just by copying that shoe ad. I thought this thread was gonna be about how the zoomers don't know how to correctly use the word "aesthetic"
  6. Hope antagonistc Hurricanes fans enjoyed the six days they could wear their cry t-shirts. https://x.com/FOS/status/1785799358635520413
  7. I think, first, Coyle contacts the goaltender himself and then, second, is barely tapped. It's one of those letter of the law versus spirit of the law things and I always side with the spirit of the law because it would've been ultra lame to disallow a goal that probably would've been scored even if Coyle hadn't fallen on him. And I have no dog in this fight really. If it was disallowed I would've said "that's weak as hell, but I guess that's the rule" I guess what I'm saying is it wasn't a bad enough botched call for me to feel like the Bruins got cheated. Congrats on the win last night.
  8. That whole series felt pointless and I couldn't find the holiday spirit for it because they looked like the 7th and 8th best teams in the Eastern Conference bracket and I knew neither would be a factor for the rest of the playoffs. Watching the Bruins now is making me think even less of the Maple Leafs. The series would already be over if the Leafs had advanced. Their ceiling is second round exit if everything goes correctly and if I was them I would start over, but they can't because nobody will take those forward contracts. Speaking of Boston, I feel like I'm going insane on the reviewed Florida goal. What's the problem? Coyle skated into the crease himself and was barely touched and you all know it deep down. It feels like manufactured controversy to deflect from how uneven things are. I have this personal rule where if you get outshot by a hundred I can't feel bad that you lost a hockey game on an iffy call.
  9. Saturday night was intense. I watched that FCC-Crew game with all the anxiety that I usually feel during Bengals-Steelers games. Glad to finally get a W up there.
  10. I really like this Rangers team. Almost as much as I like the Oilers. Rangers-Oilers in the final would be very fun. It's not your fault, but getting swept after the team account acted like a 14 year twitter troll in 2014 after beating the dang ass Islanders in round 1 like that's anything to get cocky about is exactly the justice the Hurricanes deserve.
  11. Mackin Celebrini will be a San Jose Shark, which is kind of cool since his dad works for the Warriors. At least he didn’t go to Chicago.
  12. My picks were close. Stars > Oilers and Rangers > Bruins and then the Rangers beating the Stars in the final. I think I would change it now that Dallas had to tough out 7 hard ones while the Avs have been sitting and waiting after averaging over 5 goals per game against the Jets. They look formidable again. Personally I'll be pulling hard for the Oilers to go all the way.
  13. I went 7/8 on my picks. Would've gone 8-0 had I not changed from Panthers to Lightning, but I felt like my bracket was Chalky Studebaker so I switched it. Turns out it was the most chalky first round I can remember. Where's our guy who always complains that the NHL playoffs are too unpredictable and then goes into the NBA playoffs thread and gripes that they're too predictable?
  14. Obituaries were flying around for the Leafs after game 4 and I thought it was incredibly premature because the Leafs don't ever let their fans off that easily. This series going to game 7 was the least surprising outcome. What has been surprising is how messy the Bruins have looked the last two. They skipped the first period entirely last night and were structurally all over the place last night. I was baffled how much time they spent chasing the Leafs. Good for William Nylander to come through. Feels like the "Core 4" of the Leafs never seem to get it done in these big games that count and he did last night, especially with the dagger on the breakaway. If the NHL was covered the way the NBA is we'd have two straight days of Ewing Theory debates with Auston Matthews. Personal anecdote about William Nylander: I sat in the second row in a game in Columbus last December. There was a very attractive woman seated in front of me. Nylander skated by our corner and gave her eyes during every single TV timeout. LOL. Fascinating thing about this game 7 is the team that wins will exorcise a demon and the team that loses is going to take on even more emotional baggage. Bruins are trying to avoid blowing a 3-1 lead in the first round for the second straight year and I think that'll infect this core with a stink that'll be hard to wash off. The Leafs, experienced in blowing a 3-1 lead in the first round themselves, are trying to finally overcome the Boston Bruins, not lose in the first round for the 6th* time in 8 years, and redeem themselves for choking the 3-1 lead to the Habs in 2021. I can't wait. *doesn't even include the play-in loss in the bubble.
  15. This social media strategy also feels outdated. It was funny and subversive in 2012 when the Kings were one of the first teams to use a punchy voice in their official team tweets, but now it's just tired and annoying. It feels as calculated and studied as anything. Eventually the Canes will lose a series, which is hopefully this next one, and they will have earned the ratio of people who tweet "Cry" at them. I hope the Rangers wipe the ice with them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.