Cape Cod League Expansion Project

Ben Schwartz

This is Cape Cod:

Cape%20Cod%20Map%202.jpg

The towns with Cape Cod League teams are Cotuit, Wareham, Yarmouth-Dennis, Hyannis, Chatham, Harwich, Brewster, Orleans, Falmouth, and Bourne.

Basically, the CCBL has the best college players in the country. 200 current major leaguers played there.

As you can see there are towns without teams....UNTIL NOW.

I'm going to make concept teams of those without a CCBL team. The names of the teams are representative of something the town is notable for.

Barnstable Bats, name derives from their famous town bat company which supplies bats to major leaguers and CCBL players.

ccblprojectbarnstable-2.png

Home close-up:

bats.png

Truro Light, name derives from Truro's lighthouse, which was the first ever in Cape Cod (which is actually nicknamed the Cape Cod Light).

ccblconcepttruro.png

Home close-up:

lighthome.png

NOTE:

-There are no gray jerseys in the Cape Cod League. No alternates either.

-There are no names on the backs of Cape Cod League jerseys.

-I won't be making logos for the teams, it takes too long and I'm not interested in trying it.

-The enlarged home view was only done because the jerseys look bad in the automatically shrunk version (especially the pinstripes).

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

can't wait to see the rest. the "BATS" script is way to big by the way. and the numbers on the back are a tad bit too high. fix those and you'll be good to go.

also you should come up with logos for these teams, or enlarge the ones you put on the caps so we can see what they look like in detail.

EDIT: Hyannis and Cotuit are both in Barnstable so making a "Barnstable" team doesn't make much sense. its like having a team from Queens and calling them "Queens" and a team from brooklyn and calling them "Brooklyn", then adding a third team in Manhatten and calling them "New York". YaknowwhatI'msayin'.

EDIT 2: You're "ON" Cape Cod, not "IN" Cape Cod...yeesh. :P

Now I'm done.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

can't wait to see the rest. the "BATS" script is way to big by the way. and the numbers on the back are a tad bit too high. fix those and you'll be good to go.

also you should come up with logos for these teams, or enlarge the ones you put on the caps so we can see what they look like in detail.

EDIT: Hyannis and Cotuit are both in Barnstable so making a "Barnstable" team doesn't make much sense. its like having a team from Queens and calling them "Queens" and a team from brooklyn and calling them "Brooklyn", then adding a third team in Manhatten and calling them "New York". YaknowwhatI'msayin'.

Now I'm done.

Yes but I might make Yarmouth and Dennis have their own teams and they already have the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox so that doesn't really make sense either.

walt.png

It's good that you have taken on the project of doing concepts to an entire league, but there is more to making identities than getting a generic font and slapping it on top of a couple of bats or a lighthouse. Find a clever way to interlock the lettering, these cap logos are as generic as the Rays. Work on at least a primary logo because as of now, both of these teams are identity-less. Keep in mind the fundamentals of a baseball jersey, the first one needs to drop the black pants and the second one needs gray pants, and they both need names on the back. Finally the enlarged home view is unnecessary, do alternates instead, I would just add gray jerseys and make the colored jerseys alternates.

Now I'm done.

Yes but I might make Yarmouth and Dennis have their own teams and they already have the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox so that doesn't really make sense either.

No, because Yarmouth and Dennis are separate towns so that makes perfect sense. It just doesn't make sense to add another team to a town (though the largest on the cape) that already has 2 teams.

It's good that you have taken on the project of doing concepts to an entire league, but there is more to making identities than getting a generic font and slapping it on top of a couple of bats or a lighthouse. Find a clever way to interlock the lettering, these cap logos are as generic as the Rays. Work on at least a primary logo because as of now, both of these teams are identity-less. Keep in mind the fundamentals of a baseball jersey, the first one needs to drop the black pants and the second one needs gray pants, and they both need names on the back. Finally the enlarged home view is unnecessary, do alternates instead, I would just add gray jerseys and make the colored jerseys alternates.

-I agree about the logos but I can't muscle that, just not good enough nor do I want to spend the time doing it (I just want to do the jerseys).

-The enlarged home view was only done because the jerseys look bad in the automatically shrunk version (especially the pinstripes).

walt.png

-I agree about the logos but I can't muscle that, just not good enough nor do I want to spend the time doing it (I just want to do the jerseys).

That's information you should put in the original post, because some of us aren't familiar with the Cap Cod league or it's rules.

jNTsTyQ.png

That's information you should put in the original post, because some of us aren't familiar with the Cap Cod league or it's rules.

Yep I know whatcha mean, I added it to the end.

walt.png

Now I'm done.

being a cape resident myself, I hear this way to often and it has always annoyed the heck out of me.

Not to thread hijack here, but one big thing that has always annoyed me is on Route 3 South (still in Plymouth mind you) there's a billboard of the vanity cape license plate that says "Welcome to Cape Cod."

The Cape isn't for another 2 or 3 miles. You aren't on Cape Cod until you cross the bridge(s). End of story.

Please disregard the fact that my Cape Cod Canalmen are situated in Plymouth. Thank you, goodnight.

Now I'm done.

being a cape resident myself, I hear this way to often and it has always annoyed the heck out of me.

Not to thread hijack here, but one big thing that has always annoyed me is on Route 3 South (still in Plymouth mind you) there's a billboard of the vanity cape license plate that says "Welcome to Cape Cod."

The Cape isn't for another 2 or 3 miles. You aren't on Cape Cod until you cross the bridge(s). End of story.

Please disregard the fact that my Cape Cod Canalmen are situated in Plymouth. Thank you, goodnight.

Agreed. going to Plymouth gets me so upset because they sell "Cape Cod" T-shirts and hoodies and such. Everyone who buys them are being dooped into thinking they're on the cape. when in reality they are not.

so anyways, Ben, I like the Y-D Red Sox. (who are in desperate need of a logo change... http://www.ydredsox.org/ seen in the top left).

Now I'm done.

Agreed. going to Plymouth gets me so upset because they sell "Cape Cod" T-shirts and hoodies and such. Everyone who buys them are being dooped into thinking they're on the cape. when in reality they are not.

so anyways, Ben, I like the Y-D Red Sox. (who are in desperate need of a logo change... http://www.ydredsox.org/ seen in the top left).

Yeah I may have already said this but I'm a huge YD fan. If they win tonight they'll play in the championship against Bourne! Bourne's never won a championship so this should be fun.

I have a site (http://www.ccblstuff.us/) where I put all my CCBL pictures and videos.

walt.png

good thinkin' with "Jetties" I ould have never thought of that. but Jetties are rocks that protrude from beaches and separate them from harbors yadda yadda yadda, but the way you show them on the unis you'd think that a Jettie was a dock or something. the colors work well with both as well

Archived