World Cup of Hockey logos

-kj

Saturday morning, I got the opportunity to play some pickup at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul. So, of course, I took my camera along. They had the arena mostly prepped for the World Cup of Hockey.

x-ice.jpg

wc-ice.jpg

ice2004.jpg

It was cool, they set the clock for some running-time periods. I forgot to take a picture of it after our victory, but this was beforehand:

x-scoreboard.jpg

They had me on the wrong team, obviously:

kj-x.jpg

:D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

SWEET! No ads on the boards!

I'm sure there will be, but they won't put them on until much closer to the Cup. We were the first ones on the new ice, they had our league there all day with scrimmages and family skates, so they'd get the ice broken in some.

POTD 2013-08-22

Great Pix Mockba - you look good out there near the ice - I suppose you got some ice time? Thanks for sharing! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

if thats true, its kind of a cool idea, to give the teams from NA and the teams from Europe a definitive home-ice advantage......

although im pretty sure the finals are played back here in Toronto.....so if the Swedes or Czechs make it there, theyre screwed. hehe

if thats true, its kind of a cool idea, to give the teams from NA and the teams from Europe a definitive home-ice advantage......

although im pretty sure the finals are played back here in Toronto.....so if the Swedes or Czechs make it there, theyre screwed. hehe

Yeah, because none of those Swedes or Czechs play in the NHL, right? :rolleyes:

The games that are being played over in Europe will still use the Olympic size rink that is already there. It wont be scaled down to NHL size just for the tournament.

Actually, according to the World Cup website, they'll be using 85x200 rinks for all of the games.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived