Chicago White Sox concept.

pooter

Very well done. I don't think they will go to these, though. Only being that the Cubs have similar colors and the White Sox will want their own identity. The current unis are the longest they have had in years. Even though they have added extra jerseys recently, the colors they have are a big hit. Darken the blue a bit and the red a little. Maybe changing the SOX to a version before the old english letters. Like on the uniforms when they won the West division back in '83. But angle them like the present logo in white w/ a red trim on the blue. The red jersey make it gray, changing the silver to red around the Chicago. Flip the colors on each of the caps. Possibly add some silver accent. They do look very good. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

This is one of those situations where we need to distinguish between a concept's traditional practicality and its design merits alone, so I will judge both. Looking at this design in terms of tradition, no I certainly don't see the Sox moving away from silver and black, and definitely not to Cubs colors. However, if I look at the concept on its design merits alone, not worrying about tradition, it is a *really* nice looking set. Honestly, I think the uniforms in this concept are beautiful. We just shouldn't expect to see them. Great idea though, and perfectly executed!

LT

LT beat me to it.

It's a well-executed concept, but it's not a well-planned concept, for all of the reasons that have been listed before this. In addition, the vast majority of teams in MLB wear red, blue or both. Silver and black sets the Sox apart, and it looks like the Sox have finally settled on a color package and an identity after making more changes to their uniforms than any team in MLB history. I'm loathe to push for change now that they're finally comfortable, and I find it hard to take that out of consideration when evaluating a Sox concept.

Don't let that discourage you; you have a nice sense of style and you make very clean, professional designs. Looking forward to more.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks guys :D

That is what I like about this board. Even though you might not like the product that someone posts, there is constructive criticism, and suggestions on how to make it better. It is a lot better than getting a "that sucks, but my idea of how your design should be is way better than yours". And if someone does do something well, it is complimented. That generates creativity, and then that encourages development and enthusiasm.

Archived