Scotland National Team Concept (Soccer)

MrAsterisk

I've had an idea for Scotland's national soccer team (the collar, which represents the flag of Scotland) floating around in my head for some time, and finally decided to put it to paper (or photons or whatever). I've finished the home, away, and third kits; the keeper kit is yet to be finished.

As I said, the collar is inspired by Scotland's national flag (and perhaps a bit by England's current home kits, but don't tell anyone). I used Scotland's current color scheme of navy, white, and gold. The name and number are that of Scottish Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher.

ScotlandHome.jpg

For the away kit, the flag motif returns on the shoulders / sleeves (A complete cross would be viewed from above.) in a simple, white-on-white away strip that uses the same shorts and socks as the home kit. Don't worry! Scotland's traditional powder blue will return for the keeper kit. The name and number belong to West Ham defender Christian Dailly, who has been instrumental to the Scottish squad since making his debut in (coincidentally) the same match as David Weir (below).

ScotlandAway.jpg

Here's an idea (a half-joking one) for Scotland's third kits. Of course, when most (or at least many) people think of Scotland, they think of Willie from The Simpsons and they think of kilts. So, the shorts are modeled after the tartan used for kilts. Classic colors, old-school numbers, and a turn-down collar are featured as well. The name and number are of David Weir, the captain of Everton in the English Premiership, and the oldest player on Scotland's current squad.

Scotland3rd.jpg

Aways are next.

C&C welcome (and encouraged)!

Five points to anyone who names the stadium in the background.

Sorry to double-post, but here's an idea (a half-joking one) for Scotland's third kits. Of course, when most (or at least many) people think of Scotland, they think of Willie from The Simpsons and they think of kilts. So, the shorts are modeled after the tartan used for kilts. Classic colors, old-school numbers, and a turn-down collar are featured as well. The name and number are of David Weir, the captain of Everton in the English Premiership, and the oldest player on Scotland's current squad.

Scotland3rd.jpg

Aways are next.

C&C please!

Sorry to double-post, but here's an idea (a half-joking one) for Scotland's third kits. Of course, when most (or at least many) people think of Scotland, they think of Willie from The Simpsons and they think of kilts. So, the shorts are modeled after the tartan used for kilts, and classic colors, old-school numbers, and a turn-down collar are featured as well. The name and number are of David Weir, the captain of Everton in the English Premiership, and the oldest player on Scotland's current squad.

Scotland3rd.jpg

Aways are next.

C&C please!

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif at the kilt shorts.

JR5

NikeTalk.gif

I actually really love the potential of the tartan shorts!

There are three Scottish national tartans listed here so maybe try it with one of them?

http://www.tartans.scotland.net/atoz_retur...61&letter=S

I also don't think the green shirt is a great idea. It would probably bring Ireland to most people's minds rather than Scotland. A plain white away shirt would really bring out the potential of the tartan.

Incidentally, Scotland have played in tartan home shirts quite recently, although they were a bit more understated than your concept. See here for details:

http://www.scotlandshirts.co.uk/ShowCatego...p?CategoryID=13

I was sure the SFA had an official tartan, but I couldn't find it listed. Maybe this is it.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

I had thought about the green shirt-Ireland connection from the start, which is why I decided on a darker, more neutral shade than Ireland's kits. I've been planning to make another all-white kit for the away, but of course the shorts could be mixed and matched. That one is currently in the works, but I will definitely look into replacing the current tartan (the one I think comes to most people's mind when the word is mentioned), with one of the "Scottish National" shades, as well as replacing the green.

Whew, wasn't expecting such a chilly reception for the kilt shorts! :rolleyes:

As I said, the idea was "half-joking" and a more serious away kit was to come. In fact, that away kit is here now. The flag motif returns on the shoulders / sleeves (A complete cross would be viewed from above.) in a simple, white-on-white away strip that uses the same shorts and socks as the home kit. Don't worry! Scotland's traditional powder blue will return for the keeper kit. The name and number belong to West Ham defender Christian Dailly, who has been instrumental to the Scottish squad since making his debut in (coincidentally) the same match as David Weir.

ScotlandAway.jpg

C&C please!

Having been born in Scotland (I'm a sheep shagger from Aberdeen) I must say I like what you have going here. My thoughts, bring back the red socks- red socks would look good with that home strip, in my opinion.

Nice work!

Tartan Army!

fade.gif

I don't mean to take over your thread, but I've done this as a way of explaining my thoughts.

I like the idea of tartan on the uniform, but it can't be the primary.

But if it was on the uniform as a secondary colour, I reckon it comes up pretty well.

Others may disagree.

Of course, this also depends on the manufacturer, which in this case is one of gordie_d's Nike templates.

ScotlandTartanAlt.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived