Scrap Yard Mascot

Osborne

I did this logo for a local scrap yard recently. The President wanted something strong and iconic. I pitched the idea of doing an old barrel chested, walking tough, college style mascot. (I thought that the contrast of a scrap yard and a college was kind of funny.) He really liked this idea so I ran with it.

The logo on the chest is the company's "C" logo.

Scrappy.jpg

Why not check out my blog? Oneoff Nation

I like the logo itself a lot, but I'm not sure it's tough enough for a scrap yard. They're usually associated with a more rugged image, I think. Any way to make it look meaner?

I had it looking meaner but they wanted to keep it "kid friendly."

I'll see if I can post the meaner image..

I like the logo itself a lot, but I'm not sure it's tough enough for a scrap yard. They're usually associated with a more rugged image, I think. Any way to make it look meaner?

I had it looking meaner but they wanted to keep it "kid friendly."

I'll see if I can post the meaner image..

Because when I think of kid friendly places, I think of a junkyard!

Love the logo though. I think the bulldog is overused so I'm glad to see you go a different direction.

You've got a nice design here. But if it's supposed to be "kid friendly", this is still a little to mean-looking for something meant for kids. I know you said you had a meaner looking fox than the one shown here. But I'd make it have more happier facial expressions, especially if this company plans on making a costume of this character, so young kids won't become too scared of it.

I also agree that a bulldog, or something more rugged, would be more appropriate for a mascot for a scrap yard. But the company asked for a fox, which is still a nice idea.

One thing I'm curious about, does he have a name?

You've got a nice design here. But if it's supposed to be "kid friendly", this is still a little to mean-looking for something meant for kids. I know you said you had a meaner looking fox than the one shown here. But I'd make it have more happier facial expressions, especially if this company plans on making a costume of this character, so young kids won't become too scared of it.

I also agree that a bulldog, or something more rugged, would be more appropriate for a mascot for a scrap yard. But the company asked for a fox, which is still a nice idea.

No name yet. I am opened for suggestions.

I'd name him scrap. Would you be okay with me using the fox for a concept I'm working on?

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I'd name him scrap. Would you be okay with me using the fox for a concept I'm working on?

Scrappy! :D

16hw9rr.jpg

My asinine tweets: https://twitter.com/Milla_Nilla

Go for it.

I think the balance of toughness and friendliness is at a good place right now. No kid is ever going to be scared of a cartoon logo. The similarity to the Bucky pose is more than obvious, though.

Have you tried, anywhere you have white and orange meeting on the fur of the fox, going without the black separation between them? I think it would give it a little more of that vintage mascot feel without really changing any of the linework.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Scrappy! :D

Scrappy Coco?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Go for it.

Thank you so much. I'll give you credit for it...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Archived