College Football prediction thread

Well, considering the Ohio State fiasco is over, and not much news has been put out there, I've started a thread where everybody can lay down their predictions for next year's college football season. So, let 'er rip.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I predict that you will not last here for the start of the season (the Thursday before Labor Day).

How much do you want to bet?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I predict that you will not last here for the start of the season (the Thursday before Labor Day).

How much do you want to bet?

It was a prediction, not a bet.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

SEC West

Alabama

1.Kent St: not happening (W)

2.Penn St: Alabama has a stout defense going into 2011, Penn State has quarterback issues. While I believe McGloin will be the starter, and he could turn out to be a decent player, they lack of a runningback is going to hurt them. (W)

3.Norht Texas: Look on the bright side, NT will get to tell their kids about all the crazy people they saw in Tuscaloosa. (W)

4.Arkansas: I went back and forth with this one, but Arkansas did not have a good run defense last year, and Trent Richardson will expose that that hasn't changed. alabama's D gives them the real edge in this one. (W)

5.Florida: Tre Burton will eventually become a great RB, and run wild under a great OL. Until then, Florida can watch as Brantley tries to figure out what's going on before throwing an interception. (W).

6.Vanderbilt: Vandy has to get on probation fast. It seems to help programs these days. Just look what it did with Alabama.(W)

8.Tennesse: There is alot of Potential in Tenn. Bray and Poole are both dark horse Heisman candidates, but defense won't be enough to stop 'bama.(W)

7.Mississippi: Last year these two played in a low scoring struggle. This year? Not so much.(W)

9.LSUAlabama is going to struggle with LSU. Whenever they play each other it's a close game that comes down to the end. This game will be no different. But then Jordan Jefferson will fumble on the 'bama 12 yd line after a 30 yard run, and UA will hold on for the win.(W)

10.Mississippi State: Them 'dawgs got them cowbells out there, and them make it a very underrated home field advantage. Miss State should have an explosive O this year. I smell upset.(L)

11.Georgia Southern: (W)

12.Auburn: The Iron always gives us a good game between two schools who hate each other. This year will especially be ruff because of the toomer's corner incident. The game on the other hand, won't be as intense. Auburn ain't winning this one, or keeping it close.

Overall(11-1)(7-1)

Bama seems solid in every single position except QB. However that QB gap is massive. AJ McCarron, from what i've heard, isn't going to be the next great star, so Trent Rich is going to have to carry the load, something he hasn't had to do his entire career. Other than that, this team should be set.

I will try to do something like this for every single team if I can.

Oregon only wins one game (Nevada) and Missouri State blows them out by 40. The football program is axed mid-season by an embarrassed Phil Knight, who decides to give a massive endowment to Akron instead. Akron wins the National Championship in a thriller over WKU.

POTD

SEC West

Alabama

2.Penn St: Alabama has a stout defense going into 2011, Penn State has quarterback issues. While I believe McGloin will be the starter, and he could turn out to be a decent player, they lack of a runningback is going to hurt them. (W)

3.Norht Texas: Look on the bright side, NT will get to tell their kids about all the crazy people they saw in Tuscaloosa. (W)

4.Arkansas: I went back and forth with this one, but Arkansas did not have a good run defense last year, and Trent Richardson will expose that that hasn't changed. alabama's D gives them the real edge in this one. (W)

5.Florida: Tre Burton will eventually become a great RB, and run wild under a great OL. Until then, Florida can watch as Brantley tries to figure out what's going on before throwing an interception. (W).

6.Vanderbilt: Vandy has to get on probation fast. It seems to help programs these days. Just look what it did with Alabama.(W)

8.Tennesse: There is alot of Potential in Tenn. Bray and Poole are both dark horse Heisman candidates, but defense won't be enough to stop 'bama.(W)

7.Mississippi: Last year these two played in a low scoring struggle. This year? Not so much.(W)

9.LSUAlabama is going to struggle with LSU. Whenever they play each other it's a close game that comes down to the end. This game will be no different. But then Jordan Jefferson will fumble on the 'bama 12 yd line after a 30 yard run, and UA will hold on for the win.(W)

10.Mississippi State: Them 'dawgs got them cowbells out there, and them make it a very underrated home field advantage. Miss State should have an explosive O this year. I smell upset.(L)

12.Auburn: The Iron always gives us a good game between two schools who hate each other. This year will especially be ruff because of the toomer's corner incident. The game on the other hand, won't be as intense. Auburn ain't winning this one, or keeping it close.

Overall(11-1)(7-1)

Bama seems solid in every single position except QB. However that QB gap is massive. AJ McCarron, from what i've heard, isn't going to be the next great star, so Trent Rich is going to have to carry the load, something he hasn't had to do his entire career. Other than that, this team should be set.

Post padding, huh? Who told you all about A.J. Mccarron? Finebaum or one of his callers?

I take it that you got your "Street & Smith" preview recently.

With the myriad of issues which players and coaches face now (legal, medical, academic), there is no point to even discuss what a team can do before the team arrives to begin fall practice.

Hey Tank, rejoice! Someone gives out dramatically less information about a team than you within their analysis.

SEC West

Alabama

Overall(11-1)(7-1)

Post padding, huh? Who told you all about A.J. Mccarron? Finebaum or one of his callers?

With the myriad of issues which players and coaches face now (legal, medical, academic), there is no point to even discuss what a team can do before the team arrives to begin fall practice.

Hey Tank, rejoice! Someone gives out dramatically less information about a team than you within their analysis.

"Street and Smith" is garbage. Phil Steele all the way, and i don't go completely by him either.

Oregon only wins one game (Nevada) and Missouri State blows them out by 40. The football program is axed mid-season by an embarrassed Phil Knight, who decides to give a massive endowment to Akron instead. Akron wins the National Championship in a thriller over WKU.

What you mean Phil Knight isn't "going to take his talents (and finances)" to Mount Union?

Mississippi State

1.Memphis: This is a game where everybody wins. Bulldogs get to see a great music town with great barbecue, and Memphis gets to get blown out by and SEC team in front of their home fans for lots of money. (W)

2.Auburn: The Tigers defense aren't going to be able to stop the explosive offense of Miss State.(W)

3.LSU: Miss State could score 35 ppg this year. To win, you're going to have either play great defense, or catch up. If LSU doesn't play defense, there is no way they can win this game.(W)

4.Louisiana Tech: I can guarantee you 100% that the bulldogs will win.(W)

5.Georgia: Aaron Murray will have a great season this year. However, while Murray may get better, his o-line doesn't. Miss States great Secondary stops Murray enough to win this game.(W)

6.UAB: I believe this game will be closer than many people. But UAB's offense can't compensate for a horrid D.(W)

7.South Carolina: If Garcia doesn't go out drinking,he should be able to play well enough to where Lattimore can run on the weak Miss State DLine. Plus, USCarolina has been fairly successful in Starkville, winning their last 2 games there.

8.Kentuckey: Kentucky is very depleted on Offense. Easy win here.(W)

9.UT Martin:(W)

10.Alabama: See Alabama(W)

11.Arkansas: Miss State struggled against great running backs. KNiles Davis definitely fits into that category. Miss State loses a close one.

12. Mississippi: Dave Mullen promised that he would never lose to Ole Miss again. He keeps his promise for at least one more year.(W)

Overall (10-2)(7-1)

Miss State is absolutely loaded on offense. Chris Relf and Vick Ballard should improve upon great numbers from last year. There defense returns 7 starters from a team that averaged 19.8 DEF ppg. However, if they want to compete for an SEC title, they must address the D line issues.

SEC West

Alabama

2.Penn St: Alabama has a stout defense going into 2011,

Penn State has quarterback issues. While I believe McGloin will be the starter, and he could turn out to be a decent player, they lack of a runningback is going to hurt them. (W)

4.Arkansas: I went back and forth with this one, but Arkansas did not have a good run defense last year, and

Trent Richardson will expose that that hasn't changed. alabama's D gives them the real edge in this one. (W)

9.LSUAlabama is going to struggle with LSU. Whenever

they play each other it's a close game that comes down to the end. This game will be no different. But then Jordan Jefferson will fumble on the 'bama 12 yd line after a 30 yard run, and UA will hold on for the win.(W)

10.Mississippi State: Them 'dawgs got them cowbells out there, and them make it a very underrated home field

advantage. Miss State should have an explosive O this year. I smell upset.(L)

12.Auburn: The Iron always gives us a good game between two schools who hate each other. This year will especially

be ruff because of the toomer's corner incident. The game on the other hand, won't be as intense. Auburn ain't winning this one, or keeping it close.

Overall(11-1)(7-1)

Bama seems solid in every single position except QB. However that QB gap is massive. AJ McCarron, from what

i've heard, isn't going to be the next great star, so Trent Rich is going to have to carry the load, something he hasn't had to do his entire career. Other than that, this team should be set.

Great, this is gonna be like Jahgee on NFL draft night.......:(

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Spleenenator, I advise you to just stop this little exercise right there. This isn't going to turn out well for you.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Spleenenator, I advise you to just stop this little exercise right there. This isn't going to turn out well for you.

Why not?

Why not?

Going through every team's schedule and posting results? It's an extremely tedious, and really kind of pointless, thing that will have you ending up with an overwhelming quantity of nothing posts. It's the kind of thing that will turn the board against you (well those that already aren't against you). Especially with the reputation you've quickly amassed here.

Honestly, for your betterment, it's probably best you cut back, or at least stop this thing.

And for God's sake, it's only June. We have some time before we get into a timeframe of making predicitions.

Why not?

Going through every team's schedule and posting results? It's an extremely tedious, and really kind of pointless, thing that will have you ending up with an overwhelming quantity of nothing posts. It's the kind of thing that will turn the board against you (well those that already aren't against you). Especially with the reputation you've quickly amassed here.

Honestly, for your betterment, it's probably best you cut back, or at least stop this thing.

And for God's sake, it's only June. We have some time before we get into a timeframe of making predicitions.

I still don't get why it's so bad. It seems that anyone who makes a well thought out, researched point is frowned upon.

Why not?

I still don't get why it's so bad. It seems that anyone who makes a well thought out, researched point is frowned upon.

No it's not that. It's your posting overall. All of your Oregon stuff and other opinions seem to have rubbed people the wrong way quickly around here.

And to be blunt, because of that, most people here now could not care any less about what you have to say. Well made point or not.

Archived