Milwaukee Brewers Ethnic Heritage Day Uniform Scripts

TruColor

I don't like the Brewers throwback stuff that much. The Ball-in-Glove is OK, but the "BREWERS" wordmark is terribly generic. Find something besides a standard block typeface and it would look much better.

I agree with Gothamite on everything involving the current set. I came into this thread not minding the new look, but now I'm convinced it contains way too many problems to be considered good.

Porting this over from the MMiller Lite thread in the General Design subforum...

I dont drink much other than social event, had one a couple weeks ago, I'm glad that its back for good, very classic looking.

0829_millerlite_small1.jpg

The real question is how long until we see an updated Milwaukee Brewers identity based on/around this...

One can hope, right?

In my perfect world, chest scripts fashioned akin to "Miller", if not a bit, well, "scriptier", numbers fashioned akin to the "Lite" script. Stick a baseball inside that emblem and I believe you'll have the bones for what could be a strong, distinct, and successful baseball identity--that is, if Miller would sign off on it. (Intellectual property and such.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That Motre Bame set from the 90's was awful. I will never get how some people on here have such a hard on for those. In my opinion they are just garbage. As for the current set, I think it's very good. Tweaks? Yeah probably, but I looks great. It screams "Brewers". And the colors are great together. While everyone here in Wisco loves the retro blue and yellow, I've never heard a complaint about the new set. I think it's a great identity. Still think they need to recolor and incorporate the barell man into the set somewhere.

Disagree completely on the Germanic set. I think the only reason so many people hate it is because some god awful teams wore it, but from a strictly design perspective, it's far and away the best set they ever wore. I think in my dream world, we'd have a blue & yellow version of the Germanic set and call it a day. But I'd be more than happy with a Blue Jays/Astros type of update of either the 1982 or 1992 unis.

Either way, they need to stop jerking the fans around when it comes to bringing back the old colors. I understand the criticisms of the BiG... personally, I'd relegate a sleeve patch and maybe an alternate hat even if they did bring back the old colors. But it's way too popular locally... to where it's every bit a symbol of Milwaukee itself as the Yankees NY logo is of New York... to ditch it completely.

Archived