Columbus Blue Jackets Alternate

Brass

I have a feeling that this design was probably already thought of, but whatever, here goes nothing. This is a concept for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Made a few small changes. First, I based the jersey striping off of a Sergeant in the Union Army, as pictured below:

Unidentified-soldier-in-Union-first-serg

I also eliminated vintage white, as I never thought it messed well with the light blue of the real uniforms used by the Blue Jackets. I also got rid of the star in the cannon logo, bumped it up to the shoulder, and replaced the star in the logo with the outline of Ohio. I will admit, it definitely has a Winnipeg Jets-feel to it, but whatever. I thought it came out ok. With that said, here's the concept:

TGisa6X.png

C&C welcome.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Feels to me like the sleeves just need a little something more. Might be to extend the sleeve stripes to wrap all the way around, or maybe a white cuff outlined in the lighter blue. Other than that, though, it's a solid sweater.

The jersey looks great. Love the angled sleeves and it was a wise choice to ditch the vintage white. What I'm not feeling however, is that logo. It wasn't very original when it was released and I feel it doesn't do your concept justice.

Archived