Thrashers concepts...

Frylock

Not much set-up on these.  They're not my best work, but I think they're worth posting for scrutiny...  :;):

These aren't designed to replace their current design, nor are they really aiming to be alts.  Just a couple concepts.  Although, #2 could be a candidate for a TATC situation...

Thrashers Concept #1

Thrashers Concept #2

Template and resources courtesy Roger Clemente, all logos courtesy TheSLE.com, CCM logo courtesy logo.nino.ru

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Not a big fan of the first one, maybe cause I'm the type who thinks that the trim should support the logo, and not compete with it (the obvious example being the Sens 3rd, my tied-for-favourite jersey in the league).

I kinda like the second one in a TATC kind of way. I don't mind it wrapping around to the back, although I wouldn't want to see that trend being widely adopted. My concern is that the logo should at least use the middle portion of the jersey, and the way the bird's head and beak slope down, it actually avoids the center point of the jersey.

Some real innovative work here, Frylock, I admire your willingness to try new things.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

So these are your jerseys....

Well, they're excellent efforts, although the first one is too feathery for my tastes.

The second I think would be better if you took that stripe with the triangles and put it sideways on the side, instead of lengthwise down the bottom half of it.  I really dig that wraparound head, but the front looks a little empty.

Good job!  Keep them coming. And yes, Go Caps Go!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!  I really appreciate it!

SyPhi -- I agree about the wraparound crest.  I wouldn't go for it full-time either, but I thought it could work for the Thrashers because of the elongated logo.  I was concerned about the "openness" of the front of the jersey, but I've kind of addressed that on the modified concept I've linked to at the end of this post.

Roger Clemente -- I had forgotten I had mentioned my concepts to you.  I took me a moment to figure out your opening comment!  :D   I've taken your suggestions (at least, the way I understand them) and modified the TATC-ish concept with the new trim, and I added something to the front of the jersey.  I don't know if it's gone over the line and made the front too busy now, though...

Here's the link to the modified Thrashers concept.

GO CAPS GO!  Watch out for Captain Kono!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived